Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 09:54 PM

Re: Changing Car - Kia?

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Visit honest John website, for models, reliability ect
Primus, what a great website that is, spent ages on there yesterday looking at the various reviews. Thank you.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:08 PM

Thank you everyone for your input. We have done lots of research over the weekend and today had a test drive in a Kia Stonic.

Realspeed, I appreciate your comments but all reviews seem to be positive, perhaps they have improved since you had your bad experience.

Anyway,we’ve been offered a good deal and think this is the way we’re going to go. Just need to choose colour, a few strange ones to to choose from but probably go for white with black roof. Some would say boring!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thank you everyone for your input. We have done lots of research over the weekend and today had a test drive in a Kia Stonic.

Realspeed, I appreciate your comments but all reviews seem to be positive, perhaps they have improved since you had your bad experience.

Anyway,we’ve been offered a good deal and think this is the way we’re going to go. Just need to choose colour, a few strange ones to to choose from but probably go for white with black roof. Some would say boring!
I like the Stonic, I like the white with a black roof, or. you could go for the orange and black roof...
Val J
East Yorkshire

30-04-2018, 10:17 PM

I like the Stonic, I like the white with a black roof, or. you could go for the orange and black roof...
Hmm ... our last orange car was a Toyota Starlet many many moons ago!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->

well good luck with a Kia anyway. having bought 2 new Kia's both with serious faults that should not have been there is enough to put anyone off. The after sales stinks as well, they don't want to know

Still it is not my money I am spending. Oh by the way did you also check the value of Kia's on the second hand market? you may well want to look first
Val J
East Yorkshire

01-05-2018, 04:44 PM

We’re not looking to sell Realspeed, hubby thinks this will be the last car he buys! But thinking about depreciation, we have been offered £4,500 for our immaculate Jaguar XF which we paid £14,000 for four years ago!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Depreciation hits all cars I’m afraid, ( unless you can buy an exotic sports car) you could offset it a little if you bought nearly new or pre registered, hope you checked out the valuation guide on HJs website for your jag, don’t be afraid to haggle either, you could push for a bit more on your px, or see if they will throw in something extra, unless it’s a done deal then ignore the last bit, hope you enjoy your new car
Val J
East Yorkshire

01-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Depreciation hits all cars I’m afraid, ( unless you can buy an exotic sports car) you could offset it a little if you bought nearly new or pre registered, hope you checked out the valuation guide on HJs website for your jag, don’t be afraid to haggle either, you could push for a bit more on your px, or see if they will throw in something extra, unless it’s a done deal then ignore the last bit, hope you enjoy your new car
We got a good deal in the end Primus, we would have hung on to our old car rather than give it away! Anyway, we have a few more weeks with the old car, I will be sad to see it go!
Primus1
York

01-05-2018, 09:50 PM

That’s good, glad your happy with the deal you got, don’t forget to take photos of your old car, you can look back with fond memories,
Val J
East Yorkshire

16-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Well, we picked up our new Kia Stonic First Edition yesterday and first impression is good. We got a good deal, partly due to our son having a friend who works for the company we bought it from. He also was kind enough to take us down to pick the new car up as we managed to get a much better price for our Jag selling it privately through classified ads on Ebay. The only problem was that we were without a car for a couple of days but we managed!

So we’ll see how it goes. There is a 7 year warranty which we’ve never had before and also loads of unexpected extras like roadside assistance.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top