Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 02:43 PM

Spare Wheel

With most new cars now not supplying a spare wheel, What do you do if you get a puncture. Do any of the roadside assistance deals help out?

I get free assistance via my bank, but they do not cover punctures without a spare wheel
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Spare Wheel

Tyre repair kit in the recess where the spare wheel used to be
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
With most new cars now not supplying a spare wheel, What do you do if you get a puncture. Do any of the roadside assistance deals help out?

I get free assistance via my bank, but they do not cover punctures without a spare wheel
Hi

My lodgers supply space savers at 50% of the cost of Manufacturers.

Send me the car and year, you may well be surprised.

They have to pay Ebay and Paypal fees, so we can do you a deal.

This is not an advert, we have more than enough business, I have 47 piled up outside my front door at the minute awaiting the Courier.

Never, ever buy them before Bank or School Holidays, the price rockets.

Buy one after half term.

I will not be posting a link to the site, just doing those on here a favour.

Nadi will do the packing, Jakob the Courier.

More pocket money for them, they love it.

They are away next week to Peppa Pig Land.

Aged 8 and 9, they want money to buy their own Ice Creams
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:08 PM

I go to eBay and get a spare wheel then a tyre for it. Cheaper than getting from a main dealer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I go to eBay and get a spare wheel then a tyre for it. Cheaper than getting from a main dealer.

hi

You will find with most new cars the wheel well can only take a Space saver, not a full size tyre.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 05:53 PM

My previous car didn't have a spare either, just some gunky stuff to do a temporary repair.

I'd never had a puncture in my life till I got that car, then I goes and gets one! What a palaver.
I have roadside assistance cover luckily, but even the breakdown man said the gunk was not reliable on a tear like I had.

I went to the dealers to buy my own spare wheel, but the stupid design of the car had not allowed for somewhere to store it.

I got rid of the car, and made sure my next one had a proper spare wheel.
I'd never buy another one without one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:00 PM

I used the repair kit back in the 80's and it works ok on a nail hole or similar but not on a tear. I can't believe manufacturers are so tight, they can't chuck in a spare wheel.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:17 PM

Run flats

No tin of anything in the car, just drive it to the nearest tyre place, job done
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Run flats

No tin of anything in the car, just drive it to the nearest tyre place, job done
Any idea how they compare to ordinary tyres on price? My tyres are quite big so I'm worried they might be worth more than the car.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Any idea how they compare to ordinary tyres on price? My tyres are quite big so I'm worried they might be worth more than the car.
For the BMW, they don't come cheap, but then nothing comes cheap with BMW

They fit them as standard The last two BMWs we took them off as they were so noisy and now this one has done a bit of milage, the noise is deafening - our roads here are crumbling which doesn't help with the noise

They are also a hard ride

I think for the BMW they are £200 each, I know the back ones are dearer as they are wider

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top