Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:53 PM

Re: Spare Wheel

Originally Posted by Missy ->
For the BMW, they don't come cheap, but then nothing comes cheap with BMW

They fit them as standard The last two BMWs we took them off as they were so noisy and now this one has done a bit of milage, the noise is deafening - our roads here are crumbling which doesn't help with the noise

They are also a hard ride

I think for the BMW they are £200 each, I know the back ones are dearer as they are wider
Thanks Missy.

My car is quite noisy as it is tbh. I do actually have a spare wheel bolted to the back of the vehicle anyway. Perhaps on my next car?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Missy.

My car is quite noisy as it is tbh. I do actually have a spare wheel bolted to the back of the vehicle anyway. Perhaps on my next car?

They are useful, in spite of the downsides, esp if like me you don't have the ability to change a tyre, it means I can drive safely to a place where it can be changed

My old beetle has a full sized spare wheel, I wouldn't even be able to lift it out let alone change it
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Sue was against me insisting on her having a spare wheel for her Honda Civic estate when she got it new. It came with one of those squerty things which I don't like
So I found a company selling new original space saver wheel and tyre at a fraction of what Honda offered

Boy was she pleased when she hit a pothole and burst a tyre. Called out the RAC and the first thing he asked for was "Do you have a spare wheel"
Sue said I had made her have one, and he said good job he did or it would have been a piggy back lift to a tyre place and a lot more effort to get her out of trouble. I was not there at the time

So he was able to do a tyre change there and then allowing Sue to drive the car to get a new tyre.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:42 PM

I have a spare tire with my car and know how to change it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:44 PM

Does anyone know the reason why they have stopped supplying a spare. I mean it makes sense to have one yet we all just accept it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:45 PM

slightly different but about tyre pressure. if my Nissan x-trail tyre pressure goes below 2lbs a warning message appears on the dashboard, and that is for any tyre on the car
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Does anyone know the reason why they have stopped supplying a spare. I mean it makes sense to have one yet we all just accept it.
Probably just cost and weight
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-05-2018, 10:48 PM

Yes cost and making more money selling you one at exorbitant prices

Question is if you have a spare tyre how often do you check the pressure in it? that got you thinking
Mel15
Nowhere

22-05-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
slightly different but about tyre pressure. if my Nissan x-trail tyre pressure goes below 2lbs a warning message appears on the dashboard, and that is for any tyre on the car

Yeah, happens with the beamer as well

Is the x-trail like the x drive in that you have to change all four tyres at the same time?
Mel15
Nowhere

22-05-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I have a spare tire with my car and know how to change it.
Oh I know how to, just my useless hands stop me from doing things like that now

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top