Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Re: Where do you fill up

Originally Posted by JBR ->
But not a motorway service station, surely?
Oh no, I didn't mean that

I don't think I would use up an entire tank on a motorway, so I would wait till I was off it, and onto more reasonably priced roads & towns
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 12:08 PM

I'd recommend a Golf. Ours is a beautiful drive, but I wouldn't recommend paying extra for the SE NAV trim. SE is just as good. Of course, you might be a boy racer and want a GT!
Just compared prices on a new one,£750 difference,you can get a tom tom in halfords with lifetime maps for £80 at the moment,why pay all that extra?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Just compared prices on a new one,£750 difference,you can get a tom tom in halfords with lifetime maps for £80 at the moment,why pay all that extra?
Indeed. The only reason we got an SE NAV was because that model was the only one available before my diesel scrappage offer ran out. I'm not complaining because I received £4000 for an old banger worth about £200!

Actually, you don't need to buy a sat nav either, if you have a smart phone. I've plugged mine into the car's USB socket and, with a free app (Android Auto - there'll be one for Crapple too) you can have Google Maps on the car's screen, including traffic flow details. In some respects, that is superior to the car's own NAV system, and I usually have both available at the touch of a button.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 05:25 PM

Indeed. The only reason we got an SE NAV was because that model was the only one available before my diesel scrappage offer ran out. I'm not complaining because I received £4000 for an old banger worth about £200!

Actually, you don't need to buy a sat nav either, if you have a smart phone. I've plugged mine into the car's USB socket and, with a free app (Android Auto - there'll be one for Crapple too) you can have Google Maps on the car's screen, including traffic flow details. In some respects, that is superior to the car's own NAV system, and I usually have both available at the touch of a button.
Apparently waze is very good ( sat nav app)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Apparently waze is very good ( sat nav app)
Yes, I have Waze too though, apart from having all those little people moving about on the roads, I don't find it as good as Google Maps.

There's NAVMII too.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2018, 11:25 PM

I use myNRMA app on my phone which gives the price of fuel in every servo in NSW. At the moment a small station down by the lake has fuel at $1.33/L (67p/L) compared to the stations in town at $1.43 (71p/L).

As the distance is only half a Km further and I always fill the tank (holds 72 L) it saves a reasonable amount of money over time.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top