Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Fair Warning

Yet another "lose weight" quick TV show is around the corner.

It never gets old does it when there is a seemingly endless supply of vulnerable and unhappy people willing to clutch at any straw to lose weight (except the one thing that is needed, a fully educated life change)

This time we have:

Get A Holiday Body: Lose A Stone In 4 Weeks

Coming to Channel 5

This is how it is advertised on the website:

"Antony Costa and Zoe Birkett take on a four-week food and fitness plan, supported by a leading nutritionist and a top personal trainer. Meanwhile, journalist Nicky Taylor will be following the same eating plan, but going it alone. Our holiday body dieters will cook delicious healthy recipes, find new ways to tone up their bodies, try out new beauty treatments and ingenious diet hacks. Everything they do on the show you can follow at home"

Same old same old.

Of course these same people could have chosen to eat properly ages ago. The fact that they didn't, and haven't suggests that this TEMPORARY eating change will simply see them first lose some weight, then cease following the plan and then put the weight back on and probably more besides.

All people need to do is eat good food and learn what dangers exist in the bad foods.

I guess that doesn't make for a very sensational TV programme though !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:15 AM

Re: Fair Warning

It's a load of old nonsense isn't it realist , I won't be watching.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:20 AM

I'll have to watch that...

I'm a sucker for new diets and quick fixes
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2018, 08:27 AM

Hi

There is only one way to lose weight.

Eat less, exercise more.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is only one way to lose weight.

Eat less, exercise more.
This in a nutshell
It's a matter of common sense in most respects, and not being ignorant about one's health. Self respect for the body, in other words
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Yet another "lose weight" quick TV show is around the corner.

It never gets old does it when there is a seemingly endless supply of vulnerable and unhappy people willing to clutch at any straw to lose weight (except the one thing that is needed, a fully educated life change)

This time we have:

Get A Holiday Body: Lose A Stone In 4 Weeks

Coming to Channel 5

This is how it is advertised on the website:

"Antony Costa and Zoe Birkett take on a four-week food and fitness plan, supported by a leading nutritionist and a top personal trainer. Meanwhile, journalist Nicky Taylor will be following the same eating plan, but going it alone. Our holiday body dieters will cook delicious healthy recipes, find new ways to tone up their bodies, try out new beauty treatments and ingenious diet hacks. Everything they do on the show you can follow at home"

Same old same old.

Of course these same people could have chosen to eat properly ages ago. The fact that they didn't, and haven't suggests that this TEMPORARY eating change will simply see them first lose some weight, then cease following the plan and then put the weight back on and probably more besides.

All people need to do is eat good food and learn what dangers exist in the bad foods.

I guess that doesn't make for a very sensational TV programme though !
I've found the only way to lose weight is lifestyle change which I have done and lost a LOT of weight. However, before I realised what needed to be done I would have been watching that programme with interest and would have probably embarked on the same diet. Dieting was the story of my life since the age of 22 and its true, dieting makes you fat because its lose weight quickly fads rather than a life of healthy eating.

I have to say I feel soo much healthier now I embarked on my new lifestyle of eating good, wholesome food and exercising.

Saying all that, perhaps people may listen as it seems to be all about good nutrition rather than a fad diet, if it helps just one person to choose the right lifestyle then it will have done its job.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 12:01 PM

It's nice to hear Zoe Birkett is still going, she was on Pop Idol years ago.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 12:16 PM

This is interesting, research into losing belly fat...

Four groups:

1. The first of Prof Thompson's groups wore monitors to check activity throughout the day and the volunteers were told to eat as they normally would.
He gave them simple lifestyle changes to make them more active and increase their daily step count.

2. Prof Thompson's second group was given a classic internet belly-fat fix - sit-ups.
Each volunteer did six exercises three times each - every other day over the six-week period.

3. The third group, monitored by Prof Karpe, was given the task of following another popular online belly fat reduction suggestion - consuming up to three glasses of milk (one litre) a day.
There has been research suggesting that dairy consumption might promote fat excretion.
Fat comes out in the faeces rather than being absorbed

4. The fourth group was the diet group.
They were not told to change the type of food they ate.
Their task was simply to reduce portion size, measuring foods with their hands and fingers.
They were also told to cut out snacks between meals.
The aim was to make this as easy to follow as possible - if people are given separate meal plans from the rest of the family it can be difficult to follow and more expensive.

Guess which group lost the weight and the inches off their waists!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36763102
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
this in a nutshell
It's a matter of common sense in most respects, and not being ignorant about one's health. Self respect for the body, in other words
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 07:30 PM

Ruthio - I am guessing - group 4??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top