Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:00 PM

Wash and polish

Any particular favourites,my car being 11 yrs old now doesn't come up like it did,always used Turtle was and wax,maybe wondering if fairy liquid wouldn't suffice now.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: Wash and polish

We use Auto Glyn and Maguires
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:18 PM

DO NOT use washing up liquid .....

Use Auto Glym:

https://www.autoglym.com/bodywork-shampoo-conditioner

A little (a capful or two) per wash is all you need .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
DO NOT use washing up liquid .....

Use Auto Glym:

https://www.autoglym.com/bodywork-shampoo-conditioner

A little (a capful or two) per wash is all you need .....
I agree, washing up liquid will strip off any wax that’s on the car, and will also promote rust, you could try using a polish ( which is different to wax) then apply a sealant, I also am a fan of autoglym products, but there are plenty of cleaning, paintwork restorers you can buy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Any particular favourites,my car being 11 yrs old now doesn't come up like it did,always used Turtle was and wax,maybe wondering if fairy liquid wouldn't suffice now.
My car is twelve years old now and I washed it a couple of weeks ago, it hadn't been washed for a couple of years
Where I park it is near a river and lots of green patches were appearing on the body work and even on the windows.

Our local garage has an excellent jet wash which you pay £1 per two minutes. It took me twelve minutes of jet wash to remove most of the gunk.

Tbh, I need to do it again now and then I need to polish it which might slow down the algae.

When the car was new and I took more care of it, I always used 'Raindance', not sure if you can still get it though.

Somehow a shiny car in Devon is not as important to me as it used to be, not with all the mud, manure and branches sticking out of the hedgerows.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2018, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Somehow a shiny car in Devon is not as important to me as it used to be, not with all the mud, manure and branches sticking out of the hedgerows.
More so when them blimmin grockles don't know how to pull over.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top