Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:25 PM

Re: Mysterious knocking noise!

I've just had new bushes fitted (whatever they are) would they notice anything else wrong in that area?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've just had new bushes fitted (whatever they are) would they notice anything else wrong in that area?
ooh , you don't want to play around in the bush area on a car I mean. You need special tools to replace them. Replacing ball joints is fairly straight forward though
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:02 PM

It sounds exactly like a problem I had two years ago. It was a rattling loose heat shield. Acceleration up to about 60 mph, then the motor sounds drown it out.
The repair is relatively inexpensive;a weld to secure the shield or wires to hold it tight.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
It sounds exactly like a problem I had two years ago. It was a rattling loose heat shield. Acceleration up to about 60 mph, then the motor sounds drown it out.
The repair is relatively inexpensive;a weld to secure the shield or wires to hold it tight.
Except you'd expect that to have been picked up on the mot?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:54 PM

Perhaps MOT didn't have their head close enough to see a narrow distance between shield and frame?

MOT may have their heads....elsewhere.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 08:55 PM

Perhaps MOT didn't have their head close enough to see a narrow distance between shield and frame?

MOT may have their heads....elsewhere.
Quite possibly.....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Had the same problem on my old Fiesta.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2018, 10:41 PM

I stuffed my son-in-law underneath and he saw a bracket thingy had moved slightly and rattled. He pushed it back so it didn't rattle, hopefully it was that causing the knocking. He said he couldn't see anything else wrong but to try it tomorrow and see if it happens again. Possibly the first noise was a stick in the road, I had been along a country lane with a bit of grass and debris in the middle.

Keep fingers crossed x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 07:04 AM

Have you checked under the back seat for your spare bustle?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:27 AM

I’ll be driving home tomorrow on a two hour journey without being able to switch on the AC, as doing so on Monday resulted in an awful squeal! Naturally, when home, I’ll contact my nearest garage, where it had service and MOT, for them to check it out, and to try and locate the awful smell.

Don’t you just hate it when cars do this to you?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top