Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 08:49 AM

Best Bluetooth phone car kit

My Micra is 15 years old, so doesn't boast bluetooth technology, or indeed any other connectivity. What reasonably priced kit would anyone recommend please? I'd love a kit that played through the car speakers, but suppose I'd need a new radio unit for that.

Will need to change the car in a year or two, thanks to Mayor Khan's proposed extension of the CC to my part of London! Apparently 12 quid just to leave home each time. S** that for a game of soldiers. Blimming annoyed because really, I don't think my car is ready to be offloaded just yet. But obvs when I do, will get a newer model that has all the new tech.

(And with his plan, everyone with a car over 12 years old has to replace it. Flipping heck.)

So is it worth my while chatting to Halfords just yet, for a replacement audio unit.

TIA.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Re: Best Bluetooth phone car kit

But then again, if the garage can’t fix the fuel leak, or if the repairs prove too expensive, I will be without a car anyway!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 02:59 PM

I got one of these for my van several years ago and it's still going strong. Mine didn't come with the phone holder though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supertooth-...hands+free+kit

It comes with a clip that attaches to your car's sunblind and the Buddy sticks to that via a magnet on its back. It's recharged via a standard mini USB port. A bit more blurb here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2WZbt-zt8
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-07-2018, 04:02 PM

I looked at the Buddy earlier. Does it connect to any smartphone?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 04:51 PM

I too have the buddy hands free for my private phone in my van, had it a few years very simple to set up, I would imagine it would work with any smartphone, it does do last number redial by pressing the green button ( twice I think) but you would have to access your phone menu for outgoing calls, ( illegal whilst driving) but it’s ok for incoming calls,
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-07-2018, 05:49 PM

Thanks.

Car repair is not as astronomical as feared, so when I get it back will look at getting one of these.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 06:48 PM

What Primus says is true, the `Buddy` is not device dependent as it connects via Bluetooth.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-07-2018, 08:46 PM

Know that Judd, it’s just that the blurb gives out certain phone models it is compatible with, like a few iPhones, and two Samsungs. Wondering why they just single them out.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Know that Judd, it’s just that the blurb gives out certain phone models it is compatible with, like a few iPhones, and two Samsungs. Wondering why they just single them out.
I think sometimes it just refers to the most common phones the holder can accept, rather than which phones the system will work with. If your phone is the same size as those mentioned, it should fit in the holder.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-07-2018, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I think sometimes it just refers to the most common phones the holder can accept, rather than which phones the system will work with. If your phone is the same size as those mentioned, it should fit in the holder.
Ok, ta.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top