Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 05:24 AM

Car Tray

I picked this steering wheel tray up from eBay for about $22 (£11) and I think it might be useful when travelling. Weighs three parts of bugger all. It is double sided - one side for food, the other for 'office' stuff (I think).

It could well be they are common in the UK but I haven't seen one before:

You could easily make one out of a piece of plywood but at that price it isn't worth the effort.

If you buy direct from China they are cheaper too.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	180720 007 Steering Wheel Tray.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	6534   Click image for larger version

Name:	180720 009 Steering Wheel Tray.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	6535  
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 05:28 AM

Re: Car Tray

Looks a handy bit of kit Bruce.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:34 AM

Never seen one of those before, Bruce, seems like a good idea.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 06:50 AM

Where do you put your legs?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:35 AM

Just havin me dinner Officer..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:37 AM

That looks very handy Bruce.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:55 AM

I wish I had one of those while I was a courier Bruce. There was never anywhere to put my cup of tea and MacDonalds Burger when having a 'Time Out'........Alright then; not a burger, usually a sandwich. And there was always plenty of writing to be done between jobs, and in the absence of a flat surface to write on, it looked like a spider had just walked over my invoices.....

By the way Bruce.....What's the adjustable spanner for in your dashboard?
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:05 PM

What a good idea!

£9.89 on eBay, I'm going to buy one. Thanks Bruce

I like the disclaimer,

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE WITH THE TRAY ATTACHED TO THE STEERING WHEEL!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I wish I had one of those while I was a courier Bruce. There was never anywhere to put my cup of tea and MacDonalds Burger when having a 'Time Out'........Alright then; not a burger, usually a sandwich. And there was always plenty of writing to be done between jobs, and in the absence of a flat surface to write on, it looked like a spider had just walked over my invoices.....

By the way Bruce.....What's the adjustable spanner for in your dashboard?
That spanner is used to attach the CB radio aerial to its base on the bull bar. I only attach it to the car when I get away from the coast, apart from anything else the aerial doesn't fit in my garage

This car has plenty of cup holders but I am hoping it will be handy for making notes, planning a route or eating. It fits nicely in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat so it is easy to get at from the drivers seat. I probably won't use it a lot but it will get used.

There was a version with grooves on one side presumably for propping a tablet in.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top