Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:51 PM

Driving Lience

When you get old (70)and still can remember Stan Matthews you have to reapply for a driving licence every 3 years.

On Monday got a letter saying I have to apply for a new one.

I Can do it online.

So I did

Filled out the form online.

But was then told you have to cut up the old one in half and send it back.

So on Monday had no driving licence….what happens if the old bill demand it.

So did not drive just in case.

Today got my new 3 year licence threw the post.

Well done just took 4 days...aint the internet wonderful.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:58 PM

Re: Driving Lience

That was quick, Galty, that was lucky.

I shouldn't worry too much though, because surely if the police had pulled you up they must be able to check with DVLC and see you were telling the truth about your application for renewal?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That was quick, Galty, that was lucky.

I shouldn't worry too much though, because surely if the police had pulled you up they must be able to check with DVLC and see you were telling the truth about your application for renewal?
True

But being a bit paranoid would have just loved to have that bit of plastic to prove me right
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
True

But being a bit paranoid would have just loved to have that bit of plastic to prove me right

Yes, I can understand that.
Anyway, you're all legal again, so all's well that ends well ey.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 07:16 AM

We have gone backwards - In the days of the RTA you went to the local motor registry with your licence, paid your money, they took your photo and 10 minutes later you had a new licence.

With the introduction of Services NSW all the government business is under one roof, driving licence, car/caravan rego, Boat licences, fishing licence, marriage or birth certificates etc

The process is exactly the same - turn up, pay your money, they take your photo but now your new licence is posted out to you. They give you a receipt to show any cops and you still have your old licence with a hole punched in it but it is not as good as before.

Credit where credit is due - I have never had to wait longer than a few minutes at the local Services NSW branch whereas at the motor registry you could wait up to 15 minutes to be seen.

https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 07:26 AM

BTW if you have a good driving record you get a 50% discount on your licence renewal fee. No good to me - as a pensioner my licence is free and 50% of free is still free.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:16 AM

Having reached the tender age of 73, I had to renew my licence for the second time (did it online). It doesn't seem like 3 years since I did it last time.

I thought I would have to send another photo but they used the same one as before. Perhaps they won't do that next time ..if I make it that far and want to keep driving.

Apart from supermarket trips, we could almost do without a car these days. Could even do that online I suppose.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Wonder if they give you something as proof like a reference number that you can print off from the website. Mind you like mups said, the police can do a check in seconds I should imagine.

Glad you got your license back, it was quick.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:27 AM

I would think that the police would give you seven days to produce your licence.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->

Apart from supermarket trips, we could almost do without a car these days. Could even do that online I suppose.
We have a Co-op and a Tesco’s in our town (which all the estate agents still refer to as a village) But all the pesky tourists keep emptying the shelves! So we have to run a car for regular trips to the nearest sizeable town which is 14 miles away. Otherwise I would have ceased driving a long time ago!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top