Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 02:57 PM

Re: Driving Lience

Renewed mine in April and could not find the old one, still can't, I just ticked the box that said it was lost.
I had to send a photo because my old license was a paper one but still got the new one within 5 days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 05:38 PM

I had to have a DVLA eye test to get my licence back. I now am in the 70's yrs old bracket with 3 year licence permission.

What I can't find out is do I have to retake the eye test to get the next 3 yr driving licence or will I be notified when it is due for renewal

still got another year to go yet on my existing one but would like to know anyway
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I had to have a DVLA eye test to get my licence back. I now am in the 70's yrs old bracket with 3 year licence permission.

What I can't find out is do I have to retake the eye test to get the next 3 yr driving licence or will I be notified when it is due for renewal

still got another year to go yet on my existing one but would like to know anyway
With me My Eye sight is standard if I wear glasses, so I just stated that on the form that I need glasses....no trouble.

But I have my eyes tested each year (its Free)
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would think that the police would give you seven days to produce your licence.
A few years ago did a illegal left turn in London and had the blue lights flashing.

Was driving my wife's car register to her going to pick her up from the theater

Asked for ID I had none on me but I gave my name was told car not reg to me.

We are impounding your car as you have no proof who you are

Then the other copper in the police car flashed his lights and the copper had a word, came back to me and said "Been a bad crash at Piccadilly lucky u on your way sunshine" got back in the wifes car and picked her up.

Always have carried my lience since
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Seriously, if all you are using the car for is the weekly supermarket trip, trip to the dentist and GP, it nay be cheaper to pay a taxi

I still have to work and my car is costing me £80 a month for travelling 8 miles a day. If I wasn't working it would be a taxi
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Seriously, if all you are using the car for is the weekly supermarket trip, trip to the dentist and GP, it nay be cheaper to pay a taxi
That is pretty sound advice in my opinion, a car is a costly indulgence and for such limited use a taxi or, even better, an Uber would be cheaper.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:15 AM

Just as a matter of interest do the cops in the UK still ask what your number plate is?

That wouldn't work here because the number plate changes; for example if damaged - they are pressed out in prisons - but they might ask you for your driving licence number because that stays with you for life (not sure what happens when you move interstate and return)

It is an offence to drive without carrying your driving licence in NSW (probably in the other states as well), A driving licence is also your ID.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

30-07-2018, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

It is an offence to drive without carrying your driving licence in NSW (probably in the other states as well), A driving licence is also your ID.

Got it in one.

I filled out the form on line and was instructed to cut my licence in half and return it.

A bit of a relief that I got my new one within 4 days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 02:59 PM

Still got the paper one, won't have the card on principle, by the time I'm 70, we'll be out of fossil fuel anyway, and we'll be travelling around in driverless Golf Buggies, so, guess I'll never have one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 03:11 PM

Just thought, can't move house now.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top