Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:50 PM

Re: What's age got to do with it?

Hi Bratti, thanks for posting your pictures. Your hair is soooo lovely. I just love your braides, especially with the colour (blue) on them....

Now the pink on mine, you will notice, two different shades of pink. the lighter one is where my hair is gray, and the darker pink is where my hair is my natural colour, which is a very dark brown, a bit towards the auburn side. And, I sprayed it on quite heavy so that may have helped to make it look like a different pink, I don't know.

I don't have a lot of gray yet, after all I am only 75, hahahaha....just teasing. I would love to have gray or white like my mom, but I have gray around the temples a bit and on the sides.....and the rest is just blonde highlights I have put in..

I just looked at the bottle and in small letters it says Pastel Pink.

I noticed when I was trying the blue and green, they showed up a very dark blue and green, not like the bottle, but again, I think it is because my hair is a natural dark colour.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...thank you, hon...I am feeling much better today.

Isn't this a brighter pink...than the one you used when you were here visiting? At any rate it's gorgeous...
Hi Filly, it is so nice to see you up and around....try not to worry too much about the outcome, wait until you get the news....I know it is hard g/f....

No Filly, this pink is the exact same one we used at your place. I think I just put more on, or in a different spot........

Take care hon..... Post when you can, I know it is hard when we are sick.....

Blue x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-09-2018, 08:57 PM

Bratti, where did your pictures go? I wanted to go back and look at them again, and POOF, they are gone like casper the ghost.....hahahaha
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Filly, it is so nice to see you up and around....try not to worry too much about the outcome, wait until you get the news....I know it is hard g/f....

No Filly, this pink is the exact same one we used at your place. I think I just put more on, or in a different spot........

Take care hon..... Post when you can, I know it is hard when we are sick.....

Blue x

Very good advice...thank you for the pep talk.

Ya Blue...I guess that's why it looks much brighter...I really do love it...

I'll do just that Blue... Just thought I'd login until the Y&R begins and take a wee peek to see what I've missed.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-09-2018, 09:10 PM

I am so bored with it right now, I hate jail story lines or court cases....anyway we shall see.....

I've got something to clean up here. I dropped my brita full of water. I have soped up the water with a towel, but now I have to clean up the rest and the broken brita. Funny I was just in Canadian Tire the other day, I picked up the Brita and thought "I should buy a new one, mine has just about had the biscuit"..well that must have been a premonition......

I have to log off hon, see ya on the flip side.....
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:14 PM

I am so bored with it right now, I hate jail story lines or court cases....anyway we shall see.....

I've got something to clean up here. I dropped my brita full of water. I have soped up the water with a towel, but now I have to clean up the rest and the broken brita. Funny I was just in Canadian Tire the other day, I picked up the Brita and thought "I should buy a new one, mine has just about had the biscuit"..well that must have been a preminition......

I have to log off hon, see ya on the flip side.....

OK hon, the "flip side" it is...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:26 AM

Hi Bratti, thanks for posting your pictures. Your hair is soooo lovely. I just love your braides, especially with the colour (blue) on them....

Now the pink on mine, you will notice, two different shades of pink. the lighter one is where my hair is gray, and the darker pink is where my hair is my natural colour, which is a very dark brown, a bit towards the auburn side. And, I sprayed it on quite heavy so that may have helped to make it look like a different pink, I don't know.

I don't have a lot of gray yet, after all I am only 75, hahahaha....just teasing. I would love to have gray or white like my mom, but I have gray around the temples a bit and on the sides.....and the rest is just blonde highlights I have put in..

I just looked at the bottle and in small letters it says Pastel Pink.

I noticed when I was trying the blue and green, they showed up a very dark blue and green, not like the bottle, but again, I think it is because my hair is a natural dark colour.....
Oh ok. Yeah. These are the exact colour sprays I showed you in the ‘Hair’ thread and you totally look amazing in them. I can’t use too much of the colour in my hair because I’ve got too much hair and my hairs too grey. When you explained the silver streak you have going through you hair is why you’ve got the colour tone variation made me realize why you can get away with wearing more colour than me.

When I saw your blue streak I figured you had a different blue than me but there’s two different blues and I have the light blue one.

The bottom of my hair is henna coloured so it’s a bit difficult for some colours to show up because of it but the colours really show up in the silver part since it’s pigment free. I’ll show you what my ombré looks like from the back. Since I have an ombré i need to be more careful where I add the colour. Plus spraying 36 the inches of hair can be challenging but fun.

The green looks like moss hair

So the bottle line is that I have FAR more grey than you @ 58.
See! I’m an old biddy already

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0B054EA6-322C-44E4-8387-973F81D1591F.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	7199   Click image for larger version

Name:	4063404A-8700-44A2-9ACE-093DAA2F94CD.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	7200   Click image for larger version

Name:	D123796F-E8AE-43F2-B305-F90C27E4D971.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	7201   Click image for larger version

Name:	9A2AB695-3630-40A9-8E41-D78E3D59B399.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	7202   Click image for larger version

Name:	9CA7AF8E-D781-42CA-9388-EC9E967D6BE3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	7203  

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-09-2018, 01:55 AM

Yes Bratti, it is a bit complicated. But I think we have it figured out now. It has to do with me having 'natural' dark auburn hair, with a small amount of natural gray on my temples and a bit on the sides of my head. I don't think there is gray anywhere else, maybe the odd single strand of gray but I don't see them.....

I also have the light blue. They had the dark one, but I picked the light.

Do you think I should be going for the darker colours because my hair is so dark? I had to put a lot of pink to get it to show up over my dark hair......on the side where I have gray hair, the pink showed up as a light pink...and that is what is on the spray can (pastel pink)....

the silver shows up beautiful whether it is sprayed on my gray hair or the natura hair, seems to be the same.

My friend Anne, is going to do her whole head in silver, she loves it. She went to Shoppers today and bought her colours. Mostly the same as the ones I got.

Sunday morning I am going to church with a couple of my girl friends, I am wearing a silver and black top, with black slacks (or maybe black skirt) not sure.......and I am going to do my hair with a couple of silver areas....it is going to be lovely with that top, it is black, with a glimmering silver stripe about 2inches wide across it, all the way down to just below my waist. I have a pair of long silver earrings, and two silver love naught studs. (I have three earring holes in each ear)....

Going to be fun, getting all the "old prim and propers" at church getting all nervous when I walk in like that, hahaha. I love to get a rise out of the ones who are the 'old guard' and can't do "change"....but my minister will love me, cause he is very modern, young, and fun......

Thank for posting the pictures again. I love the blue in the braides. You look great with the green also.......all the pictures are really beautiful......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

08-09-2018, 02:04 AM

Bratti,

I would like to do the tips of my hair. Do you know how to do that?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 02:06 AM

YES I think you should go for the darker colours since you still have so much pigment l in your hair. The darker colours will show up much better meaning you’ll need less but having said that, the pink really looked incredibly striking as is. Maybe try colouring all the darker hair with one colour and add a different colour to that grey streak that really stands out. You could totally ROCK that church service . Have fun.

Thanks for the compliments.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top