Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:16 AM

After we leave the EU (part 2)

... What the hell are we going to argue about?

Will it mean that Azz will have to close down this section of the forum??

Or are "we" going to continue with a new "Post Brexit" section, with the inexorable "I told you so" threads from both sides of the fence ?

Might be time to start planning your intended lines of thought
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:38 AM

Re: After we leave the EU (part 2)

nah the brits lurv arguing - been arguin since the Romans left - 'who is gonna run this tin pot island now!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 04:38 AM

Hi

The fun will really start after we leave, not next March, but at the end of any transition period.

Recriminations whichever way.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 10:27 AM

Having watched the Conservative Party Conference, I'm now certain that everything will be fine, and Dandy.

Or is it Fine & Beano?

Anyway, in them we trust....!

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 11:30 AM

I fully expect the Brexit thread to run for years!
After all,I've no doubt there will be the inevitable "You were warned" and We told you so" posts by Remainers on here, no doubt eagerly endorsed by others the moment we run into any difficulty or obstacle once we have unshackled ourselves, which of course is only to be expected as we try to stand on our own two feet again after having to hold onto Nanny EU's apron strings for the past 40 years.

What a breath of fresh air that will be!

What's the betting though that there won't be much encouragement or standing together from the usual "we are doomed" crowd.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 03:24 PM

The UK will fare well after the brexit. Research shows that the United Kingdom's membership of the European Union has contributed to higher incomes, played an important role in stopping British economic decline during the 1950s and 1960s,*and has increased trade and reduced trade costs. So this is the best time to leave. Otherwise countries like Italy and Greece, now in the same position as england was before joining, would knock on the door to receive the same help as england received from the EEC countries (west-germany, france, belgium, netherlands, luxemburg, italy).
To put is straight to you: italy helped you, and now it's time to return the favour, you take of.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 08:41 AM

Ok. Let's evolve this thread and imagine that the UK has already left. Who's going to be the first to express an "I told you so" comment
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Ok. Let's evolve this thread and imagine that the UK has already left. Who's going to be the first to express an "I told you so" comment [url=http://yoursmiles.org/t-say.php?page=3]
[/url
Hi

Very probably me.

It is going to hurt, all will not be roses.

Still worth it though.

I have absolutely no faith in our Politicians at all.

A Canada deal I would be happy with and if they had got their fingers out we could have had one and no need to pay £19 Billion for a transition period.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-10-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Very probably me.

It is going to hurt, all will not be roses.

Still worth it though.

I have absolutely no faith in our Politicians at all.

A Canada deal I would be happy with and if they had got their fingers out we could have had one and no need to pay £19 Billion for a transition period.
Hi Swim. Remember, we've now left, so you need to talk in the past tense
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-10-2018, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hi Swim. Remember, we've now left, so you need to talk in the past tense
Hi

We haven't left yet, still full on members and likely to be so for a couple of years at least.

Boris is suggesting we stay in longer to renegotiate.

Until we leave and know what deal we have got it is all pie in the Sky.

Our fate is not in our hands, it is in the hands of the International Money Markets and the Foreign Companies who own much of our export industries.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top