Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 12:10 PM

Re: Am I being old fashioned?

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
All down to their parenting I am afraid.
Weak parents
and the kids grow up doing all sorts and swearing.

I am proud that my 2 children have grown without any problems like that.
Mind it did take a bar of soap one New Years Eve for my boy to realise that he was not allowed to swear.
To this day he still will not swear in front of me.Yes I know there will be times when he as to let off a little steam but as long as I am not around it doesn't bother me. Has for swearing in public well he as the kind of job that he really cannot use those words.

Has for my daughter oh no she never swore she was and is an angel. She was a teacher so she was again in a job where she could not use those words but now she is working in the Science Museum and mixing with youngster degenerates I have noticed a few choice words on her FB page that she as shared.
I just pm her and say "tut tut Ellie.".
I'm not quite so sure. I know some very respectable families where the children swear, its a growing trend in todays society that the eff word has become part of the language. Many parents would be horrified to know that their kids swear like troupers, just kids from respectable families who respect their parents wouldn't do so in front of their parents, just their peers.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top