Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:12 PM

Old Pension found

I used the government's pension tracing service and they found a old pension of mine.
It was an old superannuation pension with an employer I had left in 1985 and the company had gone bust so was offered a small lump sum which had to be invested in another pension and I could not touch the money. I had totally lost all the paperwork and all contact with the pension company involved 19 years ago.
It had been placed with a pension company in a one off investment but they were taken over so its now another large well known company I am dealing with. The pension tracing service found this all out and told me but didnt get involved any further so you can see how small amount of money is involved.

The new pension company eventually accepted my proof of who I am and that the pension is mine and giving me details of what will happen when I retire which also according to the government retirement date website will be in three years.

Good stuff I thought a little bit of money to add to my state pension, until I looked at the paperwork they sent me. Hold on whats this.

During my divorce I was with a woman who turned out to be a psychopath. Her name is on the pension as "In trust" so supposedly she will get a lump sum when I die.

Obviously I phoned the next day to have The Bitch from Hell name removed but was originally told that I would need to go through a solicitor to do this by a very arrogant woman I spoke to. When I calmed down and phoned again the woman I spoke to this time says it will have to be decided upon by their legal dept as to whether I can get her name removed. I would rather name my son as beneficiary so he can pay for my funeral. Otherwise I have to buy him a shovel and find a quiet place in the woods to tell him about

I believe that the rules have changed on these pension now
and you can cash them in so they have said that I may be forced to do this to remove her name.

I cannot believe it was my money that they are investing and yet when I want to make a change I have to pay a solicitor to ask them to do it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:15 PM

Re: Old Pension found

That's financial advisers for you. B*stards the lot of 'em. I'm glad you have managed to get somewhere though, what will you do do you think?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:16 PM

I have three or four of these and they really are a nightmare to unravel they try every trick they can to stop you getting your own money.
I really will have to knuckle down and find out just how much money will be coming in when I eventually retire.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's financial advisers for you. B*stards the lot of 'em. I'm glad you have managed to get somewhere though, what will you do do you think?
I can see I will have to try and cash it in and lose the benefits I had accruded. Theres no way I want that woman to get any money. She actually stabbed me twice before I got away for good. We were not even married.
Its a pity though as if I do carry on living it would have been nice having a little extra income to add to my state pension, and to know that there would be a small lump sum to pay for my funeral if not.

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I have three or four of these and they really are a nightmare to unravel they try every trick they can to stop you getting your own money.
I really will have to knuckle down and find out just how much money will be coming in when I eventually retire.
Thats what pi***d me off after the first phone call with that snotty woman. This is my money, they invest and make a profit from yet Im not allowed to say who gets the money if I die. Unbelievable.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top