Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:18 AM

Re: Sir David Attenborough

All these meetings around the world where hundreds of delegates and speakers travel hundreds of miles to be there don't really inspire me to worry about it all. If it were something we could change then they'd surely be conference calling not taking a flight !

Where I work very rarely see the CEO these days he appears on a huge screen in the board room while sitting in his office in USA he won't send anyone on a plane unless it can't be avoided. Why don't they use technology and start saving the planet by example ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:37 AM

What makes me laugh is when you get people like old 'Big Ears' flying around the country by private helicopter, lecturing on climate change. (No I don't mean Noddy's friend).
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:39 AM

So true.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 03:26 AM

It's great that he is making people think. But there isn't much we can do given our current lifestyle. It's getting increasingly reliant on a constant power supply. A disposable culture that creates a great deal of waste. People building laptops and mobile phones that are deliberately designed to be obsolete in two to three years. It's obscene when you start to think about it.

The way forward is technology, but that takes time and we are victims of our own success as a species. There are just too many people. If we keep reproducing at the rate we have been there isn't much hope for sustaining the ecology of this beautiful place. Yet we are programmed to reproduce. Now someone has come up with genetically modified babies. The world just seems to be treated as a human toy and not revered as it should be.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 05:57 AM

That is true but not everyone does.
My computer is eight years old and my mobile is ancient it's not a smart phone.
But yes we are a throw away society mores the pity.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 09:09 AM

Muddy you're doing really well with 8 years. I've forgotten how many laptops I've had that have either died or had to be replaced because the technology is out of date. I had to get this one repaired at great expense after short circuiting the motherboard. One that I particularly regret died after running out of space to repair itself. Another had a screen that cracked internally and also became so slow it was impossible to use.

I wonder what they are going to do with all the old cars when we have to buy new electric non-diesel ones.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 09:14 AM

i have a diesel car it is six years old .
We will keep it until it dies I supose as no one wants them anymore .
It's a good car too.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

07-12-2018, 09:11 PM

The last goodbye

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2069.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	8112  

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top