Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:13 PM

Problem with a new i-pad

Going berserk here. Started setting up new i-pad yesterday (using DIL'S mobile) Didn't finish is and now find this morning that I can't access the i-pad 'cos I don't know the passcode. Can't get through to Apple support because I don't know the verification code and there isn't a place to provide my phone number. Going round in circles here - any ideas?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Re: Problem with a new i-pad

Have you got an apple shop near you ? they really are very kind and helpful if you are having problems.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Thanks Julie - panic over, found a phone number for Apple support and spoke to a charming Irish lady. Have to restore to factory settings and start again and she's given me lots of instructions on how to, so think I'll manage!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Brilliant glad they could help you.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
Thanks Julie - panic over, found a phone number for Apple support and spoke to a charming Irish lady. Have to restore to factory settings and start again and she's given me lots of instructions on how to, so think I'll manage!
If you do a search on the web, there are some i-pad forums
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 02:24 PM

It's good to have a positive outcome. Apple employees are amongst the world's best.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's good to have a positive outcome. Apple employees are amongst the world's best.
They do seem to really want to help we found, so different to attitude in many other companies.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2018, 03:03 PM

Glad you got it sorted. I used to have problems with Ipads/phones, so much so I moved over to Android. That was about 18 monts ago and been fine ever since. I came to the conclusion Apple things just don't like me.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2019, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Glad you got it sorted. I used to have problems with Ipads/phones, so much so I moved over to Android. That was about 18 monts ago and been fine ever since. I came to the conclusion Apple things just don't like me.
Some people are like that. After using android phones for years (money stopped me getting an Apple device), I bought a really poor tablet (Nexus something)and as my financial situation improved, I bought an iPhone 4s and I never looked back.

I'm not into flame baiting though; I know Apple devices are overpriced, although you do get years of updates and service, there are a plethora of perfectly good android phones in the £100 - £200 range. Compare that with my iPhone XR which the android can do 95% off.

Apple does tend to suck you in with its ecosystem, far better than Android. It's nice to have an XR, though, with it's performance and battery life.

And I've had a MacBook for a couple of years which I use daily. It's really a glorified Netbook/Chromebook, and I don't push it to its limits but it's crashed on me I think twice in 2 years,
Sweetsue
midWales

14-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Have had another session with the Apple helpers since I last posted - this time a young lady in Portugal! Good job it's an 0800 number. They couldn't be more helpful - pity there isn't somewhere like that to phone to sort out my Canon Pixma MG3051 which is currently driving me to distraction. It sits within a foot of the router but refuses to perform wirelessly. So I bought a cable to connect it to the tower but that doesn't seem to work either. Grrrr!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top