Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:29 PM

Transgender people suing NHS for Fertity Treament

This is a disgrace .
If transgender people want children they will have to pay for private treatment .
It's too bad to saddle the NHS with these legal costs when it's so strapped for cash.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:33 PM

Re: Transgender people suing NHS for Fertity Treament

Just telling my dad about the post, he said "I feel like I.m living in another world, i.m 85 and i.ve never known it like it is today"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Bloody ridiculous. I don't know why they are getting their knickers in a twist.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:36 PM

Because they want to change gender but have children at some point .
However they have been refused by the NHS because the treatment is costly and they have other calls on their resources ie children dying of cancer etc etc
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:22 PM

Personally I'd remove any right for anyone to have IVF etc on the nhs not just transgender people.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Should the NHS pay for transgender fertility treatment?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health...lity-treatment

Changing gender can often leave people infertile but, if their eggs or sperm are frozen before treatment, it is possible for them to start their own families.

The BBC has found that about a quarter of all NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups in England offer free fertility treatment to transgender patients, while the rest don't.
I start wondering about the relationships in which the IVF is offered:

If a man becomes a woman then has a relationship with a man, where will the eggs come from .....

If a woman becomes a man then has a relationship with a woman, where will the sperm come from .....

If a man becomes a woman then has a relationship with another woman, then, presumably, the eggs will come from the latter .....

If a woman becomes a man then has a relationship with another woman, where will the sperm come from .....

..... or am I missing something ..... or not seeing the point ..... ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Personally I'd remove any right for anyone to have IVF etc on the nhs not just transgender people.
Me too.
I believe 84,000 children are in care, (I imagine very few are from transgender parents) .
I think anyone wanting children should be encouraged to foster or adopt rather than have fertility treatment.
All should be treated the same, straight or LGBT, pay privately.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:11 PM

NHS site:

LGBT paths to parenthood

The number of LGBT people becoming parents, or thinking about becoming parents, is increasing.

If you're thinking about having children, here's an overview of the various routes to parenthood available to you.
One option:

Co-parenting

This is when 2 or more people team up to conceive and parent children together. Co-parenting arrangements can be made between 2 single people, a single person and a couple, or 2 couples.

As a co-parent, you won't have sole custody of the child. It's advisable to get legal advice at an early stage of your planning.

There are many details to be worked out, such as what role each parent will take, how financial costs will be split, and the degree of involvement each will have with the child.
Poor kids .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Of course none of these people take the child's welfare into account. It's up to them what they do or what they call themselves but does a child really deserve to have a mum that was once a man or a dad that was once a mum? God help us in a few years time when all the mental issues need to be treated.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Co parenting can actually mean a child has a great life, I am imagining it would be similar to what one of my neighbours did before they moved. Two gay couples, the women each had a baby by the two men and the men took one and the women the other. They still live within a couple of miles of each other and when one of the dads sadly died the mums both really helped the lone dad to get through it and the kids are both so loved and well cared for. It looks like an almost better set up than some couples who just have kids because they can, no thought put into it at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top