Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:23 AM

Re: Waiting times

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Well in future you will be skyping your GP and hospital consultant.
While I wouldn't have a problem with that I need a blood test and my blood pressure taken. How does that work ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 10:28 AM

You;d arrange the blood test via the skype appointment. They may give you a blood pressure app. They are this very moment having a phone it about this on LBC.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:12 PM

I can see this causing more problems for some people than they already have. GPs get paid for each patient on their list those who don't see them pay towards those of us with cronic conditions. If the healthier ones go to the apps and that's what will happen IMO then the GPs won't get as much money.

They have a blood pressure machine in the waiting room at my surgery you can use yourself. I've not seen anyone use it successfully alone, always end up asking staff which is usually a nurse called away from whatever duty they were preforming to help with it. Old people wrapped up for winter need help getting undressed and dressed, receptionist goes nuts she's got a queue and someone needs physical help. Younger people scare themselves silly as they haven't any idea what a good blood pressure is and being told the pressure panic.

Another thing is how many people see a GP about one thing only to discover something else ? my first breast cancer was found when I was there about my ms and just mentioned in passing I had a really achy breast. GP took a look and I was in hospital that evening ! Skype ? would I have chatted and that have been found ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 01:12 PM

I completely agree with you Floydy.

When I moved here about three years ago, I could get a doctors appointment within two days, now, it is more like 2 - 3 weeks.

Why is that? Because they have built almost 200 new houses but have not built any new surgeries or schools. In fact the local hospital is likely to close.

Why have they built 200 houses? Because people like myself are moving further afield. Why? We all know why.

Population is everything in Britain. Most of our problems are due to the fact that we harbour too many people. Even if they work and pay taxes, they are still a burden on our failing facilities.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Relax people. I have arrived at the ideal solution.

Get yourselves arrested and sent to prison.

Instant access to healthcare!

Why?

Because in prison you are legally under their care and if anything should happen to you there would be the devil to pay.

So they will ensure you are seen professionally as soon as they possibly can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Why?

Because in prison you are legally under their care and if anything should happen to you there would be the devil to pay.

Or buy a dinghy and you will get seen immediately.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Why?

You are right there JBR, I was at the Hospital in ENT about 3 months ago, waiting to see someone and in come three Prisioners from Chelmsford Prison handcuffed to the Wardens and went straight in.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I completely agree with you Floydy.

When I moved here about three years ago, I could get a doctors appointment within two days, now, it is more like 2 - 3 weeks.

Why is that? Because they have built almost 200 new houses but have not built any new surgeries or schools. In fact the local hospital is likely to close.

Why have they built 200 houses? Because people like myself are moving further afield. Why? We all know why.

Population is everything in Britain. Most of our problems are due to the fact that we harbour too many people. Even if they work and pay taxes, they are still a burden on our failing facilities.
That's right mate and our pathetic government (whoever is in power) will always look after outsiders before their own people.

It went great today by the way. parked up at the hospital (of my choice, and free parking too), waited five minutes. Quick x-ray. Done. Back home again less than 45 minutes after I set off.
If only everything in life could run that smoothly!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 04:37 PM

I'm lucky because two years ago, I left my Surgery and went to another one, who is just one Indian Doctor, 1 Nurse, and 2 Receptionist and can get an appointment on the same day. The Surgery that I left neighbours here tell me they are still waiting for an appointment to see a Doctor after 3 weeks.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

08-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Glad you X-Ray went well for you Floydy.

Hope you haven't got any serious problems.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top