Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Re: Bet You Can't Solve This Problem!

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Aha! What about letting the dogs have the bed and you sleep on the floor!
Now there's a thought TessA !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This is where my cheeky monkey has slept for most of the day. She dived in there this morning as we were taking bed linen out from the drawer and there she stayed, quite happy to halt proceedings. She came out for dinner at five then went back. She is still there now, snoring away.

Aww LD, she's absolutely adorable.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Shropshiregirl, I think I have the answer to you problem!

You should build a cage around your bed & lock the door when you are ready to sleep. That will stop your doggies getting on the bed so they will have to sleep in their own.

Just make sure you keep the key safe inside the cage though... or your little sweeties may run off with it and take revenge!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by twink55 ->
shropshiregirl, i think i have the answer to you problem!

You should build a cage around your bed & lock the door when you are ready to sleep. That will stop your doggies getting on the bed so they will have to sleep in their own.

Just make sure you keep the key safe inside the cage though... Or your little sweeties may run off with it and take revenge!

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Shropshiregirl, I think I have the answer to you problem!

Just make sure you keep the key safe inside the cage though... or your little sweeties may run off with it and take revenge!

That reminds me when we had 6 x 6 month old foster puppies plus our own 3 older terriers and my husband came home to find me and the terriers sat in the puppy pen with the pups running amok. I'd had it and it seemed the best option for a few quiet minutes at the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Aww LD, she's absolutely adorable.
Thank you shrops. The trouble is, once she gets in a spot, wild horses cannot move her.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 03:36 PM

are these 2 dogs u have ever left alone when u go out ?
they love to be near you it seems to me …

any way' just a silly thought here ==do u think your house has other visitors
being spiritual I mean ,they could be scared doggies …
I have the same prob with the 3 cats - if I closed the door I would have no hall carpet left ' lucky its not every nite -
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

11-02-2019, 06:51 PM

Maddy, please accept my sincere apology, I didn't spot your post until today!!

Must admit, Ollie does play up a bit when we go out. We leave the light on if its dark, also the television or radio in the kitchen and leave some little treats in their baskets. but he still whines as I close the door. Flynn is absolutely fine.
They have the run of the house when we go out, apart from the living room (if either tried to jump on the bay window ledge to look out of the window, they could be in danger of falling down between the window ledge and television unit, and would have no way of jumping out, so don't take any chances and keep them out.
But you are certainly correct, Ollie especially, could just as well be attached to my leg he just won't let me go anywhere without him following, and of course, once he is on the move, his brother automatically follows. Maybe its because since we brought them home, they have spent 24 hours of the day with me, even when HWMO was still working.

Oh well, roll on the Summer when they will be welcome to the duvet !!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top