Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 10:02 AM

How wolves changed rivers.

This is amazing it may have been posted before but well worth watching

Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: How wolves changed rivers.

Extremely interesting! Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it before.

We mustn't forget the 'smalls' either....... they may not be as cuddly or as glamorous, but the balance of insects can have a huge effect too, both on the food chain, and also on the recycling/regeneneration of vegetation..... I am thinking of things like earwigs, woodlice and dung beetles.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:35 AM

What a great article. It just goes to show the great importance of balance in nature and how it’s all taken care of with no effort on our part. Simply Beautiful!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Extremely interesting! Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it before.

We mustn't forget the 'smalls' either....... they may not be as cuddly or as glamorous, but the balance of insects can have a huge effect too, both on the food chain, and also on the recycling/regeneneration of vegetation..... I am thinking of things like earwigs, woodlice and dung beetles.

Yes, I agree Pyxell. Very interesting.
There was a similar programme on recently about how Beavers change rivers and the environment too.

Everything has it's reason for being here, even if we don't always see what it is.
It is usually man upsetting the environment that unbalances things.

Many years ago, during my dog training years, when our Club put on the annual show, we used to have a lovely bloke known locally as 'Wolf Man' come and have a trade stall there.

I believe at that time, he used to work with the wolves at Longleet.
He came to my house once to see my German Shepherds.

Then he moved down South somewhere, to work with more wolves.

He actually moved in with them at one point and camped in their vast woodland enclosures. He would mimic their calls and habits and was totally accepted by them.

He looked like a caveman at that time. Unwashed, long hair, smelly, and howling!

I still have his wolf book he wrote.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Everything has it's reason for being here, even if we don't always see what it is.
It is usually man upsetting the environment that unbalances things.

I agree wholeheartedly!
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 12:03 PM

Really interesting, thank you Muddy
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2019, 04:08 PM

A lovely film Muddy thank you

Isn't the natural word amazing and how lovely to see wolves established once more in their old homeland
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 12:36 AM

Muddy - that was brilliant! Interesting to listen to and learn from, and also beautiful to watch. Thank you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 02:06 AM

Excellent! Thank you for sharing. That was spectacular footage of the wolves. Love to see the pups thriving.

After wiping out wolves in much of the country due to the political pressure that came from livestock farmers, it's encouraging to see their numbers coming back here in the U.S. Only 10% of the former numbers exist, but the populations are on the rise due to their protection under the Endangered Species Act.

They are impressive, solitary animals. I've only seen five - all in Alaska, and they were much taller, and lankier than I imagined.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:40 PM

An interesting film Muddy, thanks...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top