Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:53 PM

What's been living under my shed?

My wasband #2 dismantled my old shed, under the floor was a few layers of these:

At first I thought they were almonds (and a few escargot) but then I decided on plum stones, each with a hole in them.
We have a resident hedgehog but he's too fat to get under the shed and I don't think he'd eat them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Re: What's been living under my shed?

Marc Almond?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 05:57 PM

I sincerely hope not!

I have to shift 'em with a shovel tomorrow! Inches deep in some places.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Awww hedge hog. They’re so darn cute.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

21-01-2019, 06:06 PM

They are when they live in the little houses you make for them with dried leaves and hay, not behind your washing machine!

I don't have a fruit tree so I wonder where all the stones came from?
I think it's some kind of mouse that's done this, gathering them from some else's garden and bringing them into mine probably for years before I moved in.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Most likely a mouse Tess.
They do strange things.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

21-01-2019, 06:34 PM

I think this mouse must be huge! There are thousands of husks! Look out for the Giant Mouse of Cheddar on the news folks! He will be angry as his home has been removed!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They are when they live in the little houses you make for them with dried leaves and hay, not behind your washing machine!

I don't have a fruit tree so I wonder where all the stones came from?
I think it's some kind of mouse that's done this, gathering them from some else's garden and bringing them into mine probably for years before I moved in.
Yes I agree completely. Anything living in my house that’s not been invited isn’t cute. Some type of small rodent I would guess also. I’m just not sure what. We have gophers here that do things like that .

I’d find that frustrating also. Sorry for my lack of empathy.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

21-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think this mouse must be huge! There are thousands of husks! Look out for the Giant Mouse of Cheddar on the news folks! He will be angry as his home has been removed!
Sorry SP but I agree. It’s probably NOT a mouse
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Could it be a squirrel's stash?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top