Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 07:50 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never had the jab either.

My doc's have offered it many times, even texting me to offer it now.

They pester more than British Gas about their darn smart meters!

In their waiting room, I notice they even have bunting up advertising it now.
and in the pharmacy too
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Can I take it you've now managed to read through a couple of the past Flu threads here where all the damning evidence has been presented?
No I haven't Realist. I just wanted simple answers from members on here - their own experiences & opinions.

I'm not interested in wading through pages of damning evidence because I would then have to wade through pages of good evidence & I'd end up not knowing what to believe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:30 PM

Hi Carol I have been having the flu vaccination for many years. I have never had any problems other than a slightly sore arm.

It takes a couple of weeks for the vaccination to become effective, many people wrongly attribute infections they develop during that time to the vaccination.

I have been told if I get the flu I will have to be hospitalised due to my medical conditions so I am always first in the queue to be vaccinated.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No I haven't Realist. I just wanted simple answers from members on here - their own experiences & opinions.

I'm not interested in wading through pages of damning evidence because I would then have to wade through pages of good evidence & I'd end up not knowing what to believe.

Well said, Carol.

Your question was simple enough, just a straight forward question asking how many members don't have the jab.

Nothing about what's in it, what it does, big pharma's, or why we shouldn't have it etc. etc. etc. . . . . yawn . .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 09:48 PM

I don't have it simply because I'm anti anything to do with medication.
If I can get away with not taking anything I do.
I certainly don't want injecting with any crap. Plus, it's got albumen in it, or it used to, and me and egg don't get on.

If I get flu and snuff it, then so be it. We've all got to die one way or another. (That sounds so flippant having just been in Nom's thread).

I only take what I have to take medication wise. Before I had my thyroid/parathyroids removed, I told the consultant I would not take the medication.
He said if I don't take Thyroxin I would go into a coma and eventually die, like a car running out of petrol. The Child said she wanted her mum. So I take it.
Also, I take Calcichew-D3 Forte. For osteoporosis but primarily my calcium levels go dangerously low and I get tetny, which then involves hospitals and drips. I don't want to entertain that again.

I don't the take heart medication for the blips I occasionally have. Heart attacks can happen with or without taking medication, so why should I make my system worse by taking medication if I could have a heart attack anyway?

I can't get past medication causes more problems than it helps. Some think I'm an idiot. So ok - I'm an idiot. It's my life. I only honour what I promised my daughter.

Sorry this is rather long. I've just left Daz's thread re Nom and can't think straight.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 10:30 PM

I have nothing against taking medication. I don't take the flu jab but I do take medication for existing problems such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:24 PM

I suffer with Asthma, so l get bombarded every year by my surgery via letter and texts to come in and have the Flu injection. I always decline.
The sight of all those people sitting or standing in the packed waiting room, all holding their coats and their sleeve rolled up, saddens me because it’s as if they are on a conveyor belt!

I am not scared of injections as l have a Vitamin B12 injection every three months. l just don’t want any concoctions injected into my body. I eat well and l am rarely ill.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:40 PM

No problem at all, though I am curious as to what you hope to gain from the asking of that question. What is the underlying reason for asking if I may ask?

Actually that's not true. There really is no "good evidence" out there and if you take the time to read through one of the other flu threads you will see that none of the data I highlight is refuted by anything other than hearsay and emotional anecdotal twaddle.

There is only one way to get to the truth and that's to roll your sleeves up and go look at the research.

Best
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 11:50 PM

I'd be really interested to know how many of our members do not have the flu jab.
I refuse the 'flu jab each year because:-

1) I have a strong, healthy immune system, so do not need it.

2) I have never, ever, had 'flu and see no reason to have it injected into me.

3) I eat onions and/or garlic almost every day - both are antibacterial and antiviral. Have not had a cold in 30yrs.

4) I believe the human body was designed, for the most part, to be self healing. For that reason I never take antibiotics either. They inhibit the production of natural antibodies.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:03 AM

I was dead against it for years as I was convinced it had made me ill in 2003, but then in 2012 I had very severe flu. Since then I've had it every year. I have it because I have a strong immune system because I am still relatively young and the vaccine works on people like me.

I think the focus of the vaccine is all wrong. There should be a blanket offer of vaccination to everyone under 65. Those who have strong immune systems should be vaccinated. That would stop the spread.

They are now vaccinating schoolchildren and that hopefully protects the oldies.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top