Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Healing with The Power of Prayer

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
This thread is mainly for Christians because I am sure we are the only ones that believe in healing through prayer.

I don't say that "good thoughts"/"Good Vibes" are wrong, they are just different that what I believe and we are all different.

I "believe" in healing if someone is very ill and they want to get better. One Christrian praying for you is great, but 2 or 3 is even better, and a whole chain of prayer warriors is "PERFECT".

At my age (76), I don't want a healing. I have suffered very bad all my life, and I welcome death. It has been physically and mentally terrible and sometimes I would "cry out" to God to let me die......but I guess He is not ready for that yet. He must be holding on a little longer for some reason, so I have to wait and see....

If you are ill, and you are not a Christian, you can become one, with just a few short sentences, and you can pray for healing, and get other Christians praying for you also. And, you don't have to be a Christian to get healed.

Give it a try. What have you got to lose?

Are you afraid that someone will laugh at you? Let them laugh, as long as you get what you need, what else matters?

You may get stung by mean words, but you can overcome that by faith. Faith is the answer to everything....especially sickness.

Just a few weeks ago a small child from my church was very sick, it didn't look like she was going to live. I started a prayer chain for her, because this is my "thing" in church, and I made sure that her name was mentioned in every Country in the world. Today, Praise God, I got the call, she has been taken off the critical list.....The Power of Prayer!
Since I put this thread in the Health Section, and started off with a sentence that made it clear in a nice way, that this thread is for Christians.....because I wanted to talk to other Christians with a like mind...............I didn't want to argue or debate about it. I just wanted to talk to somebody. I didn't think it would turn into an argument. Too bad!

I am not going to defend my religion and I thank those who understand that, as not being my purpose. I just wanted to talk to other Christians.

So I will have to bow out of this thread now, as it is too stressful for me to read through all those posts. I thank you all. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding of what I was looking for. Thanks to the girls who knew what I wanted and spoke up for me........
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 02:59 PM

Since I put this thread in the Health Section, and started off with a sentence that made it clear in a nice way, that this thread is for Christians.....because I wanted to talk to other Christians with a like mind...............I didn't want to argue or debate about it. I just wanted to talk to somebody. I didn't think it would turn into an argument. Too bad!

I am not going to defend my religion and I thank those who understand that, as not being my purpose. I just wanted to talk to other Christians.

So I will have to bow out of this thread now, as it is too stressful for me to read through all those posts. I thank you all. Sorry if there was some misunderstanding of what I was looking for. Thanks to the girls who knew what I wanted and spoke up for me........
Which backs up precisely what I said earlier (74 and 77)...if an understanding mod could please move the thread to the Self Moderated section all will be well I'm sure
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 03:24 PM

Hi WB

I understand your needs/desires. Unfortunately this isn't a "Christian" dedicated forum. There are plenty of those out there where I'm sure you will be welcomed with joy and can discuss your thoughts with like-minded people. I honestly think you would enjoy the experience.

If I wanted to discuss say the Conservative party with like-minded people then I would head off to a Conservative forum. I know that if I discussed it elsewhere then I would get lots of posts from Labour supporters and people from other political persuasions. Many of those posts would be anti-Conservative I'm sure.

On an open forum people will always have their views challenged or discussed, that's really the purpose of it. The exchange of ideas, the rich tapestry of differing view points and the process of to/fro exchanges.

We can't "own" a thread as such nor dictate how it should run or what people should post, that way lies suppression and censorship which I personally think are very bad things.

As Ruthio says, if you want your own dedicated thread where you can block or remove differing or contrarian viewpoints then you can post in the Self Moderation section.

I wish you all the best, sincerely and hope that you will be increasingly able to come to terms with life and find more happiness in it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 03:47 PM

You did nothing wrong WB, you posted in the correct section.

I hope you get through your difficult days without too much pain.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 04:08 PM

This thread is now closed.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top