Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 02:19 AM

Re: Any Reiki Practitioners Here?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes that's what I meant. The original members get richer and richer over time. Does that happen in this case?

Otherwise you're just paying to learn a skill. e.g. People pay to learn ballet, ballet is an international institution with all sorts of rules etc. But nobody would call it a pyramid scheme.
You are right Annie. It doesn’t work anything like a pyramid scheme. People are paying to be taught by someone who paid to be taught by someone else. They don’t get kick backs from all the people they train.

I don’t believe one has to be taught Reiki in order to heal with their hands nor do I see anything wrong for qualified practitioners to charge for their time and energy.
I wouldn’t personally charge for such a service but I most certainly believe in the power of manipulating universal energy.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Until this thread I can't recall anybody mentioning Reiki (I don't mix with many tin foil loonies) but yesterday I was out walking the dog when I came across a place that caters for all parts of the continuum from science based medicine to the "I believe anything" fruit loop fringe...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-04 18.27.38.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	8638  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:29 PM

I agree it's not for everyone Bruce, but give things a try before you knock them m'duck.

That applies to lots of things in life, doesn't it?
Bit like saying you don't like Pork chops if you've never even tried 'em.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 05:55 PM

I have no problem with those therapies, common enough, except Naturopath and Salt Therapy?
What on earth are those?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:22 PM

I've heard of it before. Going into caves or sleeping in salt mines to treat asthma and respiratory problems. But I didn't know they now had salt rooms. Not sure it's quite the same thing. They sell salt lamps too but that probably won't make much difference to someone with breathing problems.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-...atment/7334100
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:36 PM

I suppose if all the approved treatments don’t work then people will try alternative treatments, I have for RA.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree it's not for everyone Bruce, but give things a try before you knock them m'duck.

That applies to lots of things in life, doesn't it?
Bit like saying you don't like Pork chops if you've never even tried 'em.
What do you mean? I said it catered for everybody.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What do you mean? I said it catered for everybody.

My apologies Bruce, I think I misunderstood.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:11 AM

we all live in a scientific world - if you cannot prove it then bog off!

well the universe is still very much unknown - ever heard of the "chaos theory" if not then go and study it. ever heard of the placebo effect - it works for some - science isn't the only option.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 09:56 AM

Nothing wrong with using the Placebo effect Gumbud, it's a power we can all tap into. The body is an incredible machine capable of healing itself.

The problem comes with woo woo treatments which have zero basis in fact and which actually just rely on the Placebo effect to work. We need to rid the world of charlatans and bogus treatments who are preyin gon people, charging them exorbitant fees, pretending to be doing something supernatural but who in truth are simply relying on the Placebo effect.

How better the world would be if they just taught us how to personally use the Placebo effect and how to tap into and maximixe the body's own healing systems.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top