Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:02 PM

What Do You Record Your Television Programmes On?

My contract ends with Sky soon. I only pay £7.65 a month for basic Sky and they have told me that there will be no more concessions for loyal customers anymore. My monthly subscription will go up to around £20 a month.

One person at Sky said, l could keep just the recording facility for £10 a month but another told me, that’s finishing too.
I am now thinking, l may give up Sky altogether and buy a box to record the Freeview/Freestat programmes.

I have heard that Humax and Panasonic are good brands for these boxes but l wouldn’t know what to go for or what spec?
I don’t have a smart tv, mine is a Panasonic plasma television.

Please could someone advise me? Thank You.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: What Do You Record Your Television Programmes On?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am now thinking, l may give up Sky altogether and buy a box to record the Freeview/Freestat programmes.

I have heard that Humax and Panasonic are good brands for these boxes but l wouldn’t know what to go for or what spec?
I have just terminated my BT Broadband contract but I've kept the PVR (for free) becuse it's got lots of recordings on. It's a Humax, very simple to operate and it's been very reliable.

It's a Humax PVR Twin Tuner 500GB HDR-7500T:

I guess the latest equivalent Humax would be something like this:

Humax FVP-5000T 500 GB Freeview Play HD TV Recorder

**** and £189 at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-FVP-5...dp_ob_title_ce

Other posters will be better qualified to advise on the latest models .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I have just terminated my BT Broadband contract but I've kept the PVR (for free) becuse it's got lots of recordings on. It's a Humax, very simple to operate and it's been very reliable.

It's a Humax PVR Twin Tuner 500GB HDR-7500T:

I guess the latest equivalent Humax would be something like this:

Humax FVP-5000T 500 GB Freeview Play HD TV Recorder

**** and £189 at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Humax-FVP-5...dp_ob_title_ce

Other posters will be better qualified to advise on the latest models .....
Omah, Thank You, This is the Humax model that is recommended on the sites l have been looking at.
The thing is, l don’t know what features, l should be looking for?
My Sky+ HD box is great and simple to use. If the Humax box is like that, it would be great.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:28 PM

I don't record any, I watch them on the net.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:41 PM

Art, if you’ve had sky you might be better getting a freesat, recorder, this uses your existing sky dish, although you will only get free to air channels and not any sky ones, ( that aren’t free of course) humax also do these, basically just look for how many tuners they come with, which means you can record more channels at the same time, also look for the storage, eg 500gb or 1 or 2tb,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:43 PM

I have a HUMAX box too with You View .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2019, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Art, if you’ve had sky you might be better getting a freesat, recorder, this uses your existing sky dish, although you will only get free to air channels and not any sky ones, ( that aren’t free of course) humax also do these, basically just look for how many tuners they come with, which means you can record more channels at the same time, also look for the storage, eg 500gb or 1 or 2tb,
Thank You, Primus.

Yes, this is what l need to look into, how many channels can be recorded at once and what is the storage capacity.

My current Sky box has not been recording properly lately and l just got the ‘Failed’ caption. I rang Sky and followed the Tech man’s instruction to reset the unit, as Rebuild had not rectified it. It seems, l was pressing the wrong button and l lost all my recordings. I was gutted.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 07:56 PM

I like reading books.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-01-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a HUMAX box too with You View .
Thank You, Meg.
I haven’t heard of ‘You View’, is this something you subscribe to?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:00 PM

I have no idea whatsoever what everyone is talking about

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top