Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 05:58 PM

My boiler on the blink again

My combi is losing pressure , I thought I’d found the problem, I had a leaking radiator, so I isolated it with a view to doing the job at the weekend, however, I still had to keep topping it up, so, I put a clear plastic bag over the overflow pipe ( not the condensate pipe) , sure enough, today, the bag was filling with blue water, this has happened before, the pressure vessel in the boiler is leaking, I’d already rang the plumber yesterday, and he’s going to come round and re pressurise it , ( with a bike pump , I kid you not) , although I think he’ll end up replacing the pressure vessel again, problem is getting him to come out, although mrs p is off the week after next so he can choose a day that suits him, expect I’ll have to call him and remind him though
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:17 PM

Re: My boiler on the blink again

Sounds like your safety valve has blown and is not shutting down because the washer in the valve is damaged so leeks.

Ps do not top up over 2 bar you just blow the valve again

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top