Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 07:59 PM

Re: Voting ban for those over retirement age

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Only reason they want to lower the voting age is because the younger population are by far the easiest to dupe and influence. It would give the establishment total control.

If you'd said 5 years ago that, just for a laugh, the media moguls would demonstrate their power by convincing young lads to wear their trousers half way down their legs with their underpants on full display, well, we'd have all laughed our socks off. But it happened.

Lowering the voting age would be a disaster for all. The youngsters would think they had control, until they got older, when they would see and realise how massively manipulated they were when young, how stupid they were. At that point they will be despairing that the next young generation was voting.
Totally agree.
Personally I'd raise the voting age not lower it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Swims,

Your children may be ok and moving forward - fair play to them and you.

However, many kids these days have no interest in becoming tradesmen or engineers for example. A bit of actual hard graft seems to frighten them to death. Many come out of college & Uni with some pathetic degree feeling they should be able to walk straight into some highly paid job.

I speak as I find / observe and just too many of them have been spoilt brats with a feeling of entitlement.
Some of them might wanna take their faces off their mobile phones and get off the playstations as well.

More than once we have taken on an apprentice re engineering. They were all sacked as they were permanently glued to their mobiles when they should have been listening to and helping the engineer they were with.

I'm sure this is often the case.

I think 'the system' is responsible for many young people's attitudes: educationalists, academics, do-gooders and, of course, politicians.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by morticia ->
er ... I beg to differ swims.

Who paid for their education? Who funded the nhs to pay for their health care?
Granted, they're trying to find their own way in a harsh world ... But so did we.

One noticeable difference nowadays is many young uns' often have fairly affluent parents (compared to the previous generation) who buffer them financially, unlike our generation who relied on personal ambition and good budgeting skills to make our own way.
It's true ... This young generation, in many ways, have never had it so good.
My gran used to say the same about me and my generation, of course, been a youngster then i didn't believe her though she was right.

marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 10:59 AM

Corbin wants the voting age lowered and a free bag of M&Ms
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Corbin wants the voting age lowered and a free bag of M&Ms

Well put!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top