Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 01:48 AM

Re: He's possibly bi-polar, I'm at a loss

I do feel for you Annie with what you are going through, it can't be easy. lots of hugs to you ...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Whatever you decide to do don't do what my elder sister has done.
She became a widow in her early 50's then met her present partner 2yrs. later who then moved in to live with her.
Since then she has complained about his domineering and possessive nature.
She appears to live her life to accommodate his and has become a shadow of her former self.
When she complains about him I say to her "why don't you leave him?"
She is not without money so she is not with him because of financial dependency.
The reason she gives for staying with him is she doesn't want to be on her own (even though she is often unhappy!)
It's been like this for 20yrs. so I don't see any changes now.
From a woman who was once fun and outgoing she has become worn down emotionally and is now subdued and miserable most of the time.

For yourself only be with him because you want to be with him, faults and all but not because you are emotionally blackmailed or afraid to go it alone.
Good luck.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2012, 08:01 PM

I was chairman of Blackpool Epilepsy group for a few years and know of some types of Epilepsy that ring similar to the attacks your partner has, one is called Jacksonian and may be this. Every-one is different in their attacks and different things set them off, my attacks are caused by stress and flashing lights and sun on water they are called Photo sensitivity and temperal Lobe Epilepsy. I think if you talked to your Doctor or practise nurse it may help.Cant see the medical people letting him have loads of small strokes and surely he would be hospitalised for treatment.Sorry but just saying what it may be, not a Dr or nurse but have had experience of fits.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
My partner has mood swings. Met him 5 years ago and he just moved in one day about 3 yrs ago without talking to me first. I adapted to having him + 2 teens under my roof. I love him, worry about him (he's had 3 mild strokes this year), wish his kids would grow up and move out.

Once or twice a year he flies into a rage over something trivial (like me buying the wrong size box of chips, or asking him to carry in something too heavy for me) and declares he's done with the relationship and is leaving. I have anxiety attacks, worry how he'll manage, how I'll manage. A few days later he carries on as normal but it leaves me shaky and depressed. Happened again Dec. 20 so I had to tell my daughter I couldn't have her stay here for her Christmas visit and she stayed with friends. I got out of the house to visit her and she came to our family dinner at another relative's.

Feel like I'm on thin ice all the time. Any suggestions on how to cope? He refuses to see a doctor or take meds.
Hi Annie,
You don't say whether your partner has always had these rages.

Now I am wondering if there is a chemical reaction as to why he can't remember them afterwards. Does he drink alcohol could he be drinking without your knowledge? Same with drugs. The big question for me is if he has had all his blood work done and because he hasn't got a doctor the answer is no. He could be a diabetic sometimes the uncontrolled glucose in their blood causes mood swings and even loss of memory.

I do hope you can persuade him to have a complete check up as this may not be a mental problem.

You however, should give this a lot of thought and ask yourself if maybe he needs a jolt and if you ask him to leave that may well be the jolt he needs. I didn't read every post so I don't know if he is ever violent if he is then please get help don't put yourself at risk.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Annie I think you know what I am going to say but its not right for you in your state of health, there is only one answer.... either get rid or get out.your duty is to yourself. Good luck AnnieJ.
It's almost come to that. Scares the sh*t out of me thinking what to do next.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Annie darlin' - the time has come - as you stated in your first post that he moved into YOUR HOME, its now time for him to move out!!! and take his brat kids with him.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

18-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Obviously it is your life, but if you are scared of this guy you should evict him. No relationship should be based on fear, imo.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
It's almost come to that. Scares the sh*t out of me thinking what to do next.
You seem to be at the end of this relationship and now to be in an intolerable situation Sue, and I genuinely feel for you as well as worrying for your safety. Do you have a relative or a friend that could be with you when you talk to your partner to give you some moral support? However I would suggest that if you are going to try to evict him, that you would be well advised to seek legal advice before you start so that you know where you stand with the law should it finally come to that.

I can only wish you the best of luck with your situation though, and I am sure we are all rooting for you. Please be careful whatever you do and always take care to protect yourself...
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

18-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
You seem to be at the end of this relationship and now to be in an intolerable situation Sue, and I genuinely feel for you as well as worrying for your safety. Do you have a relative or a friend that could be with you when you talk to your partner to give you some moral support? However I would suggest that if you are going to try to evict him, that you would be well advised to seek legal advice before you start so that you know where you stand with the law should it finally come to that.

I can only wish you the best of luck with your situation though, and I am sure we are all rooting for you. Please be careful whatever you do and always take care to protect yourself...
Wise advice.

Your own family must worry about you, I know mine would in similar circumstances.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 08:21 PM

I think the time has come for you to make the big decision AJ, you are still young and it will be a lot tougher for you to do when you get older, your chap should take his full share of all the responsibilities and not leave them to you alone, things are at head now and it doesn't seem to bother him, but you will only damage your health from worry and then you wont be able to help even yourself. Like the rest of the folks on here, my heart is with you and the best of luck.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top