Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 10:55 PM

Re: Pulled Muscle?

Just caught up with your thread Lynne, and so sorry your husband is suffering. Hope his pain soon eases and he makes a speedy recovery....
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
Thanks Kitty. We've got one of these
http://www.snugnights.co.uk/productc...Throw-p185.htm
He usually just uses it to cover his legs without it being switched on if he's feeling a bit cold. I've just put in over the back of the chair so that he is sitting on it & switched it on. He has draped it round his shoulders as well & covered his legs. He can try that at least downstairs before I go forking out for another type of pad.
I told him the pain spreading was probably down to his posture. When he needs to turn his head he ends up turning all his body
i hope it helps your hubby Lynne, but he really does need to keep as mobile as possible, gentle movements, and yes it will hurt to begin with.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 12:13 PM

I keep telling him to keep moving Kitty but you know men- they never take any notice of us
He's got a telephone consultation with the doc later this afternoon
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 01:00 PM

Update on Hubby's "Pulled Muscle" He's still suffering but the pain has moved to his Shoulders & arms mainly. Anyway after repeated visits to the docs he sent him for a Blood Test yesterday. The doc has just phoned saying he's got the results - that was quick & it turns out he's got Polymyalgia rheumatica not a pulled muscle http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Poly...Rheumatica.htm
The doc has written a prescription for him for Steroids. Just hope this clears it up
Hes been suffering for about 2 months now so it should have been getting better by now if it was muscular.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:33 PM

sorry to hear about your hubby, at least he knows whats wrong, the medication should kick in quickly, and he will be back to normal before long.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 11:36 PM

Sorry to hear that, Lynn - I hope the medication eases the condition soon.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 07:20 AM

There's a lot of advice here so I won't add to it except to say.......I hope he's feeling better soon
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Lynne, sorry to hear about your hubby, and hope he improves soon with the medication...
stablelady
Angus, Scotland
stablelady is female  stablelady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lynne55 ->
Update on Hubby's "Pulled Muscle" He's still suffering but the pain has moved to his Shoulders & arms mainly. Anyway after repeated visits to the docs he sent him for a Blood Test yesterday. The doc has just phoned saying he's got the results - that was quick & it turns out he's got Polymyalgia rheumatica not a pulled muscle http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Poly...Rheumatica.htm
The doc has written a prescription for him for Steroids. Just hope this clears it up
Hes been suffering for about 2 months now so it should have been getting better by now if it was muscular.
My mother had this condition, it is extremely difficult to diagnose. She also had Rheumatoid Arthritis.

If your husband has taken his steroids you will see an immense difference already!
Mum couldn't even put her clothes on or brush her hair she was so sore and weak.... once she started on steroids she was like a 2 year old

Glad they have discovered the problem and all the best!!
Lynne55
Lancs.

19-02-2012, 11:57 AM

Thanks for the good wishes Yes hubby is feeling loads better now The steroids worked almost immediately. He still gets a little bit of pain at the end of the day but nothing compared to what it was.
Stablelady hubby was the same regards getting dressed - I had to do most of it for him
He's still very tired - after not having a proper nights sleep for 2 months& probably after not moving around very much. He has to go back to the docs on Wednesday & he will send him for some more blood tests to see if anything else is going on

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top