Join for free
Page 20 of 56 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

We've heard all this "disappointed in Trump" stuff before - but so far around 72 million USA citizens have voted for him.
72 million!
Last time around just under 63 million voted for Trump.

Since covid was a thing well before this election I think it's safe to say that your average American isn't that dissapointed in the way Trump has handled the pandemic.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Speak to Americans, stop listening to Sky News.
I never listen to Sky News! I gather news from various places & form my own opinions.
It may interest you to know that I am not one of the people who think the USA is wonderful, so much so that despite travelling a lot, the USA is one place I refused to visit.
I don't care who their president is, but I do feel that the people deserve somebody who puts their needs ahead of what he wants.

Remember David Cameron who believed we would never vote for Brexit...then fell flat on his face when we did & had to abandon his position as prime minister?
At least Cameron had the decency to admit he was mistaken. Trump just can't take being beaten so seems to have been hiding on the golf course ever since. I thank god we have never had a PM as bad as Trump!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never listen to Sky News! I gather news from various places & form my own opinions.
It may interest you to know that I am not one of the people who think the USA is wonderful, so much so that despite travelling a lot the USA is one place I refused to visit.
I don't care who their president is, but I do feel that the people deserve somebody who puts their needs ahead of what he wants.
Remember David Cameron who believed we would never vote for Brexit...then fell flat on his face when we did & had to abandon his position as prime minister?
At least Cameron had the decency to admit he was mistaken. Trump just can't take being beaten so seems to have been hiding on the golf course ever since. I thank god we have never had a PM as bad as Trump!

On the other hand I wish we did.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
On the other hand I wish we did.
Well our difference of opinion won't matter to either of us, unless you are planning to emigrate to the USA!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:05 PM

Well our difference of opinion won't matter to either of us, unless you are planning to emigrate to the USA!
I would not emigrate to the USA while I have a place where the sun don't shine. I've spent short periods of time living and working in a number of places and I would NEVER want to even visit anywhere there, even for a short time, again.

As for effects on us over here --- I wish.

Binman is rabidly anti English as is evident from his track record. Even worse are the creatures using him as a front.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:16 PM

It may interest you to know that I am not one of the people who think the USA is wonderful, so much so that despite travelling a lot, the USA is one place I refused to visit.

What was so bad about Trump exactly ?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:39 PM

Did the people of the USA vote for Biden because his name was not Tump?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:40 PM

I thank god we have never had a PM as bad as Trump!
Poe-tay-toe / puh-tah-tow

I'd suggest that both Theresa May and Tony Blair could be considered to have been worse, for a number of reasons.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
We are still trying to get to the bottom of it
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Let's wait for all those postal votes (supposedly in favour of Trump) that were found in the dusty corers of sorting offices, ditches, levees, and various other hidey holes are counted

Page 20 of 56 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top