Join for free
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 12:28 PM

Re: Boris, You REALLY ARE The Weakest Link.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Our media mates are telling us that Boris was listed as 2nd in the race to congratulate the winner. by phone.

Beaten only by Canada, says the DT.

Not sure what level of satisfaction we should take from that....but the press think it's important!
The press will say anything to further their own agenda, which all too often recently is pro-EU in slant.

Just like with Trump the reality is that it doesn't much matter what Biden's opinions and biases are.
Everything is decided by the senate and the worst a president can do is to veto something the senate votes upon.

https://www.trumanlibrary.gov/educat...n-do-cannot-do
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Our media mates are telling us that Boris was listed as 2nd in the race to congratulate the winner. by phone.

Beaten only by Canada, says the DT.

Not sure what level of satisfaction we should take from that....but the press think it's important!
Biden should have been first to call Adam Boulton of Sky News

He called Boris where they talked about "the future of democracy"... yeah.... right on Joe
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 03:54 PM

Talking of Media I see that MP Christian Wakeford has posted a piece in CapX.
He's not keen on the BBC either.

"It’s that it seems more concerned with trying to reinvent itself than with addressing the real reasons people are switching off. It’s time for a serious rethink of how our state broadcaster conducts itself in day-to-day decision making, and the kind of example it sets."
https://capx.co/overprivileged-out-o...se-to-survive/

It bodes well for Boris' plans for change if MP's agree.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

12-11-2020, 08:04 PM

Oh it is good to see the EU's chief Brexit negotiator taking things so seriously and not at all further jeopardising current and ongoing talks by publicly demeaning the UK.

Very statesmanlike Monsewer Barmier .............. not, you French typically-EU scoundrel.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...-tweet-6317880

Fortunately Gove has the answer and made the BBC's hateful Laura Keunnsbergg look like she was chewing a mouthful of wasps.
"What I do every day and what the prime minister does every day is ensure that we’re delivering on the manifesto of pledges that we were elected on last year. ...................
So my focus, and the focus of other ministers, and the focus of the colleagues with whom I work, is totally on delivering for the British people, honouring our manifesto promises, making sure that we take back control
"

Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-11-2020, 04:26 PM

The EU are again "stirring" again upon hearing the news that Dominic Cummings will leave at the end of the year - even though Cummings himself said as much in his blog as long ago as January!
Manfred Weber & Mutty are saying that Boris should "get a grip" and Belgian MEP Philippe Lambert (who?) is suggesting it as a sign that Boris will cave.
Why do they do this?
It's really not a good impression either for other member countries or to present to the rest of the world, is it?
Trying to belittle and bully another country - a member country at that (until the end of December).

Anyway quite the contrary oh EUrophiles, quite the contrary.
It's a sign that Brexit will be on the date given and that it will be on the UK's terms or not at all.

As The Telegraph quotes the prime minister's official apokesman as saying:
"That's simply false. .... I guess the reason the EU feel the need to say these sorts of things is that they are starting to realise that we meant it when we said there were fundamental principles from which we couldn’t move. We need to see some realism and creativity from their side if we are to bridge the significant gaps that remain."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...brexit-latest/

ETA - also quoted here:
“The government’s position in relation to the future trade agreement negotiations is unchanged - that we want to reach a deal but it has to be one that fully respects the sovereignty of the United Kingdom.”
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN27T1MJ?il=0

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Manfred Weber & Mutty are saying that Boris should "get a grip" and Belgian MEP Philippe Lambert (who?) is suggesting it as a sign that Boris will cave.
Why do they do this?
Because, quite simply, they are becoming desperate.

And that gives me great joy!
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-11-2020, 04:31 PM

Just to keep Boris's feet to the fire comes news that Nigel Farage's new Reform UK party has received over 3,000 applicants to stand in the May 2021 elections in just eleven days!
If that's not a timely reminder for Boris of the strength of feeling about Brexit and what lays ahead if he fudges, then nothing ever will be.
I'm liking Nigel's tactics here, not that I always agree with his views but boy can he play the game effectively.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...licants-stand/
Zaphod
Lincs UK

13-11-2020, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Me too JBR, me too.
It is a very good sign.

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I was ROFLMAO at this.

Also, this morning on BBC News channel, the newsreader was interviewing the ex-head of the WTO, a French geezer no less. He said that Boris needs a deal because trading under WTO isn't painless and will hurt the UK. WTF? The ex-grand fromage of the WTO decrying his own ex-organisation? What a bluddy joke.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I was ROFLMAO at this.

Also, this morning on BBC News channel, the newsreader was interviewing the ex-head of the WTO, a French geezer no less. He said that Boris needs a deal because trading under WTO isn't painless and will hurt the UK. WTF? The ex-grand fromage of the WTO decrying his own ex-organisation? What a bluddy joke.

He's French says it all

Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top