Join for free
Page 9 of 42 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 01:32 PM

Re: Foxy's Latest Project.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Its all gobbledygook to me....looks good though
Allow me to explain it in lay-person terms then.

Foxy built a Turbo-Encabulator from scratch that is used to measure inverse reactive current in di-pole waveform unilateral phase detractors.
He is using this to measure the current in the dubry of a home made metal detector. The dubry is otherwise known as the sensing coil and attaches to the wossname part of the detector which in turn connects to the phasor.

The phasor in turn detects fluctuations in both static and dynamic variabilities and will cause a big red light to flash and an impressive buzzer to sound when the tracking current exceeds a certain pre-set value in the order of 25 milli-firkins.
The shade of red and tone of the buzzer can be fine tuned to discriminate between numerous types of metals.

The wuzzies pass from the dubry to the phasor along insulated wuzzi-pipes, which is also what the dubry is made from.

The computing power of the control box will need to be in the order of 5 - 6 mega-smarties to be effective, but I'm sure that is well within Foxy's capabilities.

I hope this simple explanation helps.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->

Foxy built a Turbo-Encabulator from scratch that is used to measure inverse reactive current in di-pole waveform unilateral phase detractors.
He is using this to measure the current in the dubry of a home made metal detector. The dubry is otherwise known as the sensing coil and attaches to the wossname part of the detector which in turn connects to the phasor.

The phasor in turn detects fluctuations in both static and dynamic variabilities and will cause a big red light to flash and an impressive buzzer to sound when the tracking current exceeds a certain pre-set value in the order of 25 milli-firkins.
The shade of red and tone of the buzzer can be fine tuned to discriminate between numerous types of metals.

The wuzzies pass from the dubry to the phasor along insulated wuzzi-pipes, which is also what the dubry is made from.

The computing power of the control box will need to be in the order of 5 - 6 mega-smarties to be effective, but I'm sure that is well within Foxy's capabilities.

Now I know I'm definitely not clever!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 02:25 PM

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Its all gobbledygook to me....looks good though
It is to me Summer... There's equal measures of 'Magic' and 'Good Luck' involved....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:54 PM

...Errrrrrm!???????
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-11-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Now I know I'm definitely not clever!
Stay with it Mags, and you'll be mending your own telly before long....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 04:09 PM

Thanks Fruitcake That's certainly cleared a few point up for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Stay with it Mags, and you'll be mending your own telly before long....
I'm trying Bob, I'm trying!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-11-2020, 11:31 PM

Just finished transferring the circuit drawing on to veroboard, pending a few checks I can start soldering the components into position.....

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

23-11-2020, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just finished transferring the circuit drawing on to veroboard, pending a few checks I can start soldering the components into position.....

That looks fine to me Bob, everything is in the right place!

Page 9 of 42 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top