Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:45 AM

Re: I dont fancy this

I try not to think about the end but increasingly i do .
I have loads of stuff - paints and drawing pads. Souvenirs of my life that will mean nothing to my children .
They will ship it off to the dump/ charity shop tout suite .
I wonder row long i shall remain in their memories you are only alive as long as someone remembers you .
I know am having a morbid morning today it’s horrible down here poring cats and dogs .
I wish i was in Australia .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:09 AM

Life begins at 60,well it did for me.....isn’t that the country that those who are suffering,go to end their life.

I have got words for them,but would get banned if I posted them.

Playing God once again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:15 AM

Yes it is because aided euthanasia is illegal in the U.K. and many parts of Europe so people who are terminally ill have to go to Dignidas . It very sad people should IMO be allowed to end their lives with dignity in their own homes .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes it is because aided euthanasia is illegal in the U.K. and many parts of Europe so people who are terminally ill have to go to Dignidas . It very sad people should IMO be allowed to end their lives with dignity in their own homes .
Muddy, l don’t think l’d like to live in a house where someone had died. I think, l would prefer to die in a hospital or somewhere similar.

Regarding resuscitation, wouldn’t you be so far gone and out of it, you wouldn’t care it you lived or died?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I agree.
I would have thought most people would prefer that if at all possible.

It must be beyond awful to have to drag yourself off abroad when you are already ill and dying.

I have said this before, but I still feel the same - how ironic that a vet would be struck off for leaving an animal suffering, yet a doctor would be struck off for NOT leaving a patient suffering!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
What "race" are Swiss Art?..Everybody looked pretty much Aryan/ Caucasian/ White...to me last time I was there. They speak Italian, German, French and a few other European dialects. I saw some black and Asian people there. That was a long time ago. I don't think it would have changed much. I am white/ Anglo Celtic Australian with American bits in the background. Much the same as them really. Racism has precisely nothing to do with what I was thinking. MOre their history really. But as usual have it your way. I think you would have guessed now..if you bothered to think about it..that despite a sometimes insuperable urge to do so, I very rarely, if ever, judge your comments here. Unlike some others I accept that it is your right to say the things you do. Even about me I guess. But Jeez man I have to say that at the moment words like "kettle".."Pot" and "black" are coming to mind...really.
It is racist. To single out a nation in the way that you did absolutely IS racist.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It is racist. To single out a nation in the way that you did absolutely IS racist.

I’m singling them out as well then.....what they encouraged people over 60 to do

Is beyond belief!.....Smoke is coming out of my nostrils!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
As I said I don't often argue with you because it's pointless but that is a personal attack so you're getting some back. That mate, is total bollocks. I've already explained why. Of course singling out a country or a whole religion on the basis of what a very small percentage of fanatics do is not something you would ever do is it ?...You are one of the most prejudiced and narrow minded people I have ever come across here. You rubbish everything you don't agree with out of hand. All just based on your personal opinion. You can respond to this. I'm done.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
As I said I don't often argue with you because it's pointless but that is a personal attack so you're getting some back. That mate, is total bollocks. I've already explained why. Of course singling out a country or a whole religion on the basis of what a very small percentage of fanatics do is not something you would ever do is it ?...You are one of the most prejudiced and narrow minded people I have ever come across here. You rubbish everything you don't agree with out of hand. All just based on your personal opinion. You can respond to this. I'm done.
Don't be silly. It's NOT a personal anything. It's just an observation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2020, 05:07 AM

Well while we are all still above ground i just came accross this on fB which seems rather apt

Barely the day started and... it's already six in the evening.
Barely arrived on Monday and it's already Friday.
... and the month is already over.
... and the year is almost over.
... and already 40, 50 or 60 years of our lives have passed.
... and we realize that we lost our parents, friends.
and we realize it's too late to go back...
So... Let's try, despite everything, to enjoy the remaining time...
Let's keep looking for activities that we like...
Let's put some color in our grey...
Let's smile at the little things in life that put balm in our hearts.
And despite everything, we must continue to enjoy with serenity this time we have left. Let's try to eliminate the afters...
I'm doing it after...
I'll say after...
I'll think about it after...
We leave everything for later like ′′ after ′′ is ours.
Because what we don't understand is that:
Afterwards, the coffee gets cold...
afterwards, priorities change...
Afterwards, the charm is broken...
afterwards, health passes...
Afterwards, the kids grow up...
Afterwards parents get old...
Afterwards, promises are forgotten...
afterwards, the day becomes the night...
afterwards life ends...
And then it's often too late....
So... Let's leave nothing for later...
Because still waiting see you later, we can lose the best moments,
the best experiences,
best friends,
the best family...
The day is today... The moment is now...

We are no longer at the age where we can afford to postpone what needs to be done right away.
So let's see if you have time to read this message and then share it.
Or maybe you'll leave it for "later"...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8B64AF6-F07A-4534-8CE6-B75F9270D90D.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	14160  

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top