Join for free
Page 40 of 56 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 10:17 PM

Re: Breaking - Joe Biden wins US presidential election

I can see why the cases were rejected.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2020, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hilarious : "this doesn't prove anything, but some of these are certainly headscratchers"
Yes, you are correct. Of course that does not prove anything. It is only allegations by Trump's troll's.

The vote has been certified by Pennsylvania. There is only one thing that matters, and that is when/if a federal court says "This court agrees with President Trump's attorneys and it certainly looks like there has been voter fraud on a wide scale." Until that happens, all allegations are just a load of B.S.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 01:28 AM

Trump and his minions are getting more and more bizarre by the day.
Today, Wednesday, the Republicans in Pennsylvania held a fake hearing in a hotel ballroom to "investigate" the allegations of voter fraud. During that "hearing" Trump called in by phone, and spoke to the group by speaker phone, claiming that he had won not only Pennsylvania but other states as well.

The Pennsylvania Attorney General later stated in a public address that there was nothing remotely official about Trump's fake hearing. He went on to say that Pennsylvania has certified the election results and that the results are final. Joe Biden won Pennsylvania by 152,000 votes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, you are correct. Of course that does not prove anything. It is only allegations by Trump's troll's.

The vote has been certified by Pennsylvania. There is only one thing that matters, and that is when/if a federal court says "This court agrees with President Trump's attorneys and it certainly looks like there has been voter fraud on a wide scale." Until that happens, all allegations are just a load of B.S.
Bakerman I was quoting one of the Pennsylvania Senate team (not sure who some of the speakers were) from the live feed. The attorney was providing witnesses and their side's point of view that votes were rigged. But there was no direct evidence in witness statements and nothing concrete. The main case seems to be more about mathematical probabilities than real data.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-11-2020, 01:36 AM

Trump and his minions are getting more and more bizarre by the day.
Today, Wednesday, the Republicans in Pennsylvania held a fake hearing in a hotel ballroom to "investigate" the allegations of voter fraud. During that "hearing" Trump called in by phone, and spoke to the group by speaker phone, claiming that he had won not only Pennsylvania but other states as well.

The Pennsylvania Attorney General later stated in a public address that there was nothing remotely official about Trump's fake hearing. He went on to say that Pennsylvania has certified the election results and that the results are final. Joe Biden won Pennsylvania by 152,000 votes.
I didn't realise it was a hotel ballroom, but it did not look official. It's one of the strangest things I have ever seen on US media.
bakerman
Mexico

26-11-2020, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I didn't realise it was a hotel ballroom, but it did not look official. It's one of the strangest things I have ever seen on US media.
Yes, Trump was trying to make it look/sound official . IMO, he failed miserably. I'm sure that many of Trump's supporters were duped and actually believe it was official.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 11:43 AM

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/26/p...cas/index.html

In Delaware, about 120 miles and several psychic galaxies away from the Gettysburg mess, Joe Biden issued a sober call for caution and resolve in the face of spiraling crises.

"I know the country's grown weary of the fight. But we need to remember, we're at war with the virus, not with one another. Not with each other". This is the moment where we need to steel our spines, redouble our efforts and recommit ourselves to the fight."

As he did during the campaign, Biden channeled his own grief -- at the loss of his first wife and infant daughter in 1972, and his son's death from brain cancer a little more than five years ago -- in a bid to soothe mourning Americans.

"It's really hard to care," Biden said of the breathtaking sight of an "empty chair" where a loved one once sat. "It's hard to give thanks. It's hard to even think of looking forward, and it's so hard to hope. I understand. I'll be thinking and praying for each and every one of you at this Thanksgiving."

Earlier in the day, future first lady Jill Biden was spotted dropping off bags of goods at a food bank in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, where the Bidens are spending the holiday. The small gesture underscored the vast challenges facing so many, their lives financially devastated by the pandemic, who have turned to increasingly strained charitable organizations to temporarily satisfy basic needs.

A Washington Post survey of Census Bureau data from late October and early November found that food insecurity growing at a terrifying pace. One in 8 Americans said they had gone without enough to eat during the previous week, a figure that climbed to 1 in 6 in homes with children.
Good for Joe and Jill .....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 12:31 PM

I wonder how the every day American feels about Biden taking on the UK, over Brexit and the Irish borders, before he has even got round to being confirmed as President.

Is he for the USA, or Ireland?

Should we expect him to be running the UK as well?

Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 12:38 PM

Yes, Trump was trying to make it look/sound official . IMO, he failed miserably. I'm sure that many of Trump's supporters were duped and actually believe it was official.
Millions of Pennsylvanians disagree with you and that number is growing by the second.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/26/p...cas/index.html

Good for Joe and Jill .....
Biden is already creating crackpot policies that will put millions out of work.

Page 40 of 56 « First < 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top