Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Glorious weather

While most of you love this glorious weather I can't stand the heat, difficult to breathe and makes body swell, in the daytime, but at night time when it cools down it's lovely. It's 12.20am and I've spent 2 hrs sat in the garden absolutely gorgeous. My plants that I still haven't got round to putting in baskets and pots are nonetheless in full flower and giving a beautiful show and somebody nearby has got, I forget what it's called, it's a climbing bush type plant with lots of little blue flowers on a spear very heady perfume, gorgeous. I could have stayed out there for hours. Nightimes best for me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Re: Glorious weather

Hazel darlin' - your neighbour's plant sounds like a Buddleiea - a plant that seriously attracts butterflies.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:47 AM

Buddleias are purple UJ not blue
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Buddleias are purple UJ not blue

Val darlin' Buddleias can be any shade of blue from deep purple through to white. My Neighbour has one which is white.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Hazel I am not good in the heat. I try to get my work done before it gets too hot. The heat makes my feet swell so they feel heavy and uncomfortable.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Val darlin' Buddleias can be any shade of blue from deep purple through to white. My Neighbour has one which is white.
definitely not a buddlea the flowers are much bigger (more cylindrical than spearlike though at that time it was only description I could come up with), and vivid blue very highly scented.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2012, 10:12 AM

I love this weather. I potter in the garden or sit and read. If I get too hot I come indoors to cool off.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

28-05-2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hazel I am not good in the heat. I try to get my work done before it gets too hot. The heat makes my feet swell so they feel heavy and uncomfortable.
that's me too,but now it's not just feet.Oh well onward and upward take dog out.That'll do me good, going sick visiting this afternoon. It cheers him up (says I'm better than the antidepressents) and I come away feeling better cos he's worse than me. Everybody's happy.Well will be when I remember the name of the plant/shrub climbing thing.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

28-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
definitely not a buddlea the flowers are much bigger (more cylindrical than spearlike though at that time it was only description I could come up with), and vivid blue very highly scented.

In which case Hazel darlin' - it just might be a Clematis.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

28-05-2012, 12:16 PM

got it Wisteria absolutely gorgeous climber with branches more like a tree. I'll be sat out again tonight to smell though i know it's perfume is daytime too, but can only smell this at night. thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top