Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:01 PM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

I am very happy for all the Brits who badly wanted a leave but very sad for those (nearly half of the country!) who wanted to stay in , as I am not optimistic at all!

Unlike many other EU countries the UK depends on its neighbours to feed its population. It imports its cheese, dairies, fruits, vegetables, cars etc...

The drastic drop of the pound might make all these things very expensive as they will imported goods and all the more expensive with the fall of the pound.

The young economical and dynamic force of EU workers French, Italian, Polish etc..(78% fully employed paying taxes compared to 74% working Brits) who are not straining the NHS as they are young and fit , will have to leave and give place for the genuine refugees that the UK will have to take, in accordance with its Nato agreements.

The fall of the pound will attract investors from all over the world, who will flock to buy properties in London which will become more and more unaffordable.

As an outsider I might be wrong and I hope I am but but this is the way I see things and I find it very worrying and unpromising for the generation of young Brits.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:04 PM

I was very tempted to buy something continental in Tesco this morning, before prices go up.
I decided to save my pennies instead for when we get more austerity!
Frantically searching drawers for euros to exchange while the pound's down!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:06 PM

Looks like the Scots will push for another breakaway referendum, I hope they do, and I hope they get it right this time
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
I am very happy for all the Brits who badly wanted a leave but very sad for those (nearly half of the country!) who wanted to stay in , as I am not optimistic at all!

Unlike many EU countries the UK depends on its neighbours to feed its population. It imports its cheese, dairies, fruits, vegetables, cars etc...
The drastic drop of the pound might make al these things very expensive as they will imported goods all the more expensive due to the fall of the pound.

The young economical and dynamic force of Eu workers French, Italian, Polish etc..(78% fully employed paying taxes compared to 74% working Brits) without straining the NHS as they are young and fit , will have to leave and give place for the genuine refugees that the UK will have to take in accordance with its Nato agreements and the fall of the pound will attract investors from all over the world, who will flock to buy properties in the London which will become more and more unaffordable.

As an outsider I might be wrong and I hope I am but but this is the way I see things and I find it very worrying and unpromising for the generation of young Brits.
We don't need to be reliant we can if we don't have to now to the quotas eu demand feed ourselves, nothing stops trade with other countries either and this could be best thing for our young people a real chance to make a go of things. We don't have to sell our houses etc either we need them to house our own people. We do need proper rules and laws now to protect us something I was told we couldn't have while in the eu.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:07 PM

Better stock up on porridge oats too then!!
mei
Asia
mei is female  mei has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I was very tempted to buy something continental in Tesco this morning, before prices go up.
I decided to save my pennies instead for when we get more austerity!
Frantically searching drawers for euros to exchange while the pound's down!

Lol many people run to the bank in Asia to buy pounds but they were sold out by lunch time!
mei
Asia

24-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Looks like the Scots will push for another breakaway referendum, I hope they do, and I hope they get it right this time

I think they will Malcolm and I think they might leave the UK this time.

So yes many big changes ahead for the UK.
I know that many people are all nostalgic of the good old times but you can not turn the clock back imo, past is history.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by mei ->
Lol many people run to the bank in Asia to buy pounds but they were sold out by lunch time!
It would seem Tessa keeps her money in her knickers
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It would seem Tessa keeps her money in her knickers
Best place I think better than me when I have mine stuffed in me bra, no one gets my cash that I don't want to give it to
mei
Asia

24-06-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We don't need to be reliant we can if we don't have to now to the quotas eu demand feed ourselves, nothing stops trade with other countries either and this could be best thing for our young people a real chance to make a go of things. We don't have to sell our houses etc either we need them to house our own people. We do need proper rules and laws now to protect us something I was told we couldn't have while in the eu.

Sadly the UK preferred to sell its agricultural lands in order to develop its financial centres and economics. London was the business centre of Europe ,since the UK has no farming or industries, but many economists say this financial center might move to Paris now.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top