Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 07:22 AM

Good morning Wednesday

Good morning all. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:40 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Evening all!

Overcast day but no rain and very cold - only got to 17' today.

Discovered that the electricity company had carried out their traditional annual massacre of the trees in my street to make the world safe for electricity. They are paper bark trees (where tea tree oil comes from) so after their butchering they actually smell very nice.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-17 08.39.30.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	12961   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-17 08.40.29.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	12962  
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:46 AM

Hi

Good Morning All

Not a cloud in the sky but forecast another battering this afternoon.

Washing to do this morning and then a restful afternoon.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:47 AM

Good morning everyone

How strange you should mention trees and the electricity company Bruce.....we had the exact same thing yesterday but ours was the council dealing with Ash die back disease.

Nothing much planned today...its warm and overcast so a walk might be nice...

Have a nice day all whatever you are up to
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:10 AM

Good morning to all from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

That's quite some mash-mash of overhead cables Bruce, is underground cabling not used where
you are? There are overhead telephone cables here but mostly electricity cabling near dwellings is underground.

A dry morning after rain yesterday, feeling nice and fresh. The forecast is for A fine day with plenty of warm sunshine. Maybe showers developing later which may be heavy and perhaps thundery too. Maximum temperature 25°C.

Maybe some more gardening, lots to do. On the other hand I might just do something entirely different, as the mood takes me!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone decidedly gloomy here after last evenings storm but I am not grumbling, the garden looks so much better for a soaking .

I am waiting for a delivery of organic frozen blackcurrants for the freezer, they are really delicious and I would never have found the supplier near Hereford had it not been for C19.

I have been out and dug up some potatoes, I wish I had checked them before, they are huge for new potatoes.

Enjoy your day
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Good morning to all from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

That's quite some mash-mash of overhead cables Bruce, is underground cabling not used where
you are? There are overhead telephone cables here but mostly electricity cabling near dwellings is underground.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
All telephone cables and fibre are underground but this is an older neighbourhood - my house for example was built in the 1920s when power was overhead. New developments have underground power but older areas have power on poles.

A different street, more butchered trees.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-17 08.34.57.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	12963  
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:37 AM

Good morning all, thick with fog here first thing but thinning now with sunshine expected for later.

Just finished clipping the dogs and having a brew before taking them out for a walk. Nothing planned for later other than pottering in the garden.

Enjoy your day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 09:46 AM

Good morning all the sun is trying to break through the clouds at the moment but rain showers forecast for later today.

My Sainsburys order was delivered yesterday, very satisfactory with no substitutes this week for a change.

Bruce your very cold temperature of 17° made me smile as that would be comfortably warm for me.

Enjoy your day folks
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 10:36 AM

Another storm rumbling around,its got very humid.Apart from that nowt much happening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top