Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:35 AM

Would You Wear Ribbons To Indicate You Are Social Distancing?

A SAGE scientist has suggested that when lockdown ruling is eased, elderly people should wear ribbons to indicate they are social distancing.
Do you think this is a good idea? Is this something you are prepared to do?

What next? We hold a bell and chant, ‘Unclean, Unclean’?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re_article-top
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:45 AM

Re: Would You Wear Ribbons To Indicate You Are Social Distancing?

I would wear one but no one would see it at this time , I am not going out

I already wear a visible silicone 'medical alert' band on my wrist at all times containing informing on the medication I take. I would advise all those with health conditions that make them vulnerable to do the same particularly if they live alone.

https://www.theidbandco.com/Deluxe-E...SABEgKq-vD_BwE
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:00 AM

This could be fun.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would wear one but no one would see it at this time , I am not going out

I already wear a visible silicone 'medical alert' band on my wrist at all times containing informing on the medication I take. I would advise all those with health conditions that make them vulnerable to do the same particularly if they live alone.

https://www.theidbandco.com/Deluxe-E...SABEgKq-vD_BwE

Best idea because you are be wearing it all the time, like a
watch. Less chance of forgetting it when going out.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:26 AM

If wearing a ribbon could guarantee that I won't catch the virus & die, I would be happy to wear one....but we all know it doesn't!

If people want to get round the supermarket quicker they are always likely to break the 2 metre rule.... whether you are wearing a ribbon or not

I just think it is up to ourselves to remain safe, not to expect others to do the right thing!

Actually I think this lock down has probably saved a few lives where there wasn't a chance of them dying from the virus... look at the people who were killed by a terrorist the minute they came out of lock down. If you get Covid19 the NHS will fight hard to save you... yet we allow terrorist to roam our streets when they are known to be a potential danger!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:28 AM

Not sure how effective wearing the ribbons would be. I think a lot of people who don't keep their distance anyway are the very ones who wouldn't know or care what the ribbons represent
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Not sure how effective wearing the ribbons would be. I think a lot of people who don't keep their distance anyway are the very ones who wouldn't know or care what the ribbons represent
Thankyou Glanny, that sums up my opinion

But we couls start a new fashion trend - A Bell, A Yellow Hat, and a Plague Mask
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:42 AM

It’s true and older people ( who can be equally guilty of not social distancing) are largely treated as irrelevant anyway .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:42 AM

Perhaps if we wore a whole raft of different coloured ribbons in support of many different issues, then w'ed all be safer and get our views across. For example, maybe a black one supporting the need for an Islamic State to be set up in the UK would stop some loons slashing us with knives or blowing us up.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:54 AM

No. I just follow the rules and do it. 1.5 - 2 metres apart everywhere.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top