Join for free
Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 09:50 AM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I strongly suspect that their motive was to avoid public disclosure of the lack of adequate supervision of the nutter by their employees.
Yes JBR, you are probably correct in that. How on earth can it be right though for tax payers' money to be used in this way? I have had 'dealings' in a roundabout way with trying to get help for a person with mental health problems, the hoops that have to be jumped through to do this are just unbelievable.

The lack of funding for mental health services causes so many problems and is partly responsible for those people being unable to get treatment, possibly like the person responsible for the subject of this thread, and so left to their own devices.

There is an older report on the link below, I couldn't find a more up-to-date one, but funding for mental health services remains at less than is needed:

"Mental health problems account for 23 per cent of the burden of disease in the United Kingdom, but spending on mental health services consumes only 11 per cent of the NHS budget."

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...hysical-health
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 11:51 AM

Not so long ago people with serious mental health problems lived in an institution where they were not allowed out and were medicated and had personal care . Yes an awful thought in some ways but now they live in the community and often forgotten by social care workers or get minimal care . If need medication who is there to make sure they take it .

Where was this bloke living and if a danger and made threats why was he taken to a public place where there were families. Why was he allowed out on the community
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes JBR, you are probably correct in that. How on earth can it be right though for tax payers' money to be used in this way? I have had 'dealings' in a roundabout way with trying to get help for a person with mental health problems, the hoops that have to be jumped through to do this are just unbelievable.

The lack of funding for mental health services causes so many problems and is partly responsible for those people being unable to get treatment, possibly like the person responsible for the subject of this thread, and so left to their own devices.

There is an older report on the link below, I couldn't find a more up-to-date one, but funding for mental health services remains at less than is needed:

"Mental health problems account for 23 per cent of the burden of disease in the United Kingdom, but spending on mental health services consumes only 11 per cent of the NHS budget."

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/project...hysical-health
I'm not so sure about that (the emboldened bit).

According to reports, this person was being accompanied and supervised by a couple of 'professionals', or at least he was supposed to be supervised by them.

There is, of course, a question about their abilities, attention to the job, or even their presence at the time of the incident.

If they are at least partially responsible for what happened, I would have thought that they'd have some questions to answer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 01:56 PM

I'll just add my two pence worth.
I agree completely with others who have asked where his Carers were at the time.

I also would question who's idea it was to take this perosn to an art museum in the first place?
Hardly the sort of place to be of deep interest to someone with his mentality.

Thirdly, if the carers wanted to take him somewhere as crowded as this, it would never have happened if there were some kind of restraints put on him. You know the type of thing, something like the 'reins' they used to put on toddlers once, so they didn't run off.

Are those so-called professional carers still employed, or did they get the sack does anyone know?
I can almost understand one carer being distracted for a few seconds, but both of them? What on earth were they both doing at that moment?

It seems this man has been put away for 15 years, but we all know he will be out in less than half that, but what about that little boy? How well will he be by then I wonder?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It seems this man has been put away for 15 years, but we all know he will be out in less than half that, but what about that little boy? How well will he be by then I wonder?
This is something that annoys me.

Why let them out after half their sentence? What messages does that send?

1. If you behave yourself inside, you get away with only serving half of your sentence.

2. If you destroy someone's life you serve, in practice, a relatively short sentence of 7 or 8 years.

3. Go ahead and commit crimes, even serious crimes. You won't suffer much of a punishment.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'll just add my two pence worth.
I agree completely with others who have asked where his Carers were at the time.

I also would question who's idea it was to take this perosn to an art museum in the first place?
Hardly the sort of place to be of deep interest to someone with his mentality.

Thirdly, if the carers wanted to take him somewhere as crowded as this, it would never have happened if there were some kind of restraints put on him. You know the type of thing, something like the 'reins' they used to put on toddlers once, so they didn't run off.

Are those so-called professional carers still employed, or did they get the sack does anyone know?
I can almost understand one carer being distracted for a few seconds, but both of them? What on earth were they both doing at that moment?

I thought he was out and about on his own and his carers had no idea where he was.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-06-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I thought he was out and about on his own and his carers had no idea where he was.
So they let him go out on his own?

It gets worse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

I beg your pardon Percy, I think you are right.
Reading back, it seems he 'evaded his minders.'
My mistake.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 05:59 PM

I think the sentence is he will serve a minimum of 15yrs so he won't be released earlier... its still not enough though I think he should be detained indefinitely and for me that means for the rest of his life.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think the sentence is he will serve a minimum of 15yrs so he won't be released earlier... its still not enough though I think he should be detained indefinitely and for me that means for the rest of his life.
Me too Summer! Every time I think of the little boy, who was badly injured, it brings tears to my eyes as his life will never be normal again with injuries like that!

Page 27 of 29 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top