Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Re: Hallelujah!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
After much deliberation, we have decided to cancel our TV licence with effect from the end of tomorrow.

Needless to say, the TV Licensing web site makes it as difficult as possible to do this. I was hoping to find a cancellation form, but nothing, so tried to contact them online via email or their chat line.
Again, unsuccessful; neither worked properly. The only other option was to telephone.
Expecting a long wait, I was pleasantly surprised to get through within a few minutes, though they insisted on speaking to Marge, as it's in her name.

I cancelled my direct debit with my bank (yes, I pay for it!), and all done now.

No more subsidising the politically biased BBC!
Strange. I cancelled mine online at the end of May as it had expired in any case.

Still got a reminder to renew a few days later though, but they mun bollocks. I've unplugged the TV aerial from the TV and the PVR just in case they come checking. Anything I watch now is streamed from Amazon or catch-up TV (no licence required for either).

Speaking of getting rid of trash, I'm kicking Virgin Media into touch as they are robbing bastards. PlusNet have installed my new fibre broadband today which is £23 per month cheaper. Admittedly, my VM was 100mb/s as opposed to my now 36mb/s but it's still okay for streaming and fast enough for downloads. That's an annual saving of £430
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Search YouTube for 'Cancelling TY Licence

There are several videos on how to deal with the letters and investigators that you will get
I have had a look already, but I can certainly look again should threats begin.

They don't scare me!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:11 PM

And when they knock on your door they are dressed very nicely too ... in suits.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Strange. I cancelled mine online at the end of May as it had expired in any case.

Still got a reminder to renew a few days later though, but they mun bollocks. I've unplugged the TV aerial from the TV and the PVR just in case they come checking. Anything I watch now is streamed from Amazon or catch-up TV (no licence required for either).

Speaking of getting rid of trash, I'm kicking Virgin Media into touch as they are robbing bastards. PlusNet have installed my new fibre broadband today which is £23 per month cheaper. Admittedly, my VM was 100mb/s as opposed to my now 36mb/s but it's still okay for streaming and fast enough for downloads. That's an annual saving of £430
I'd ditch VM too if there was an alternative fibre supplier hereabouts. Unfortunately, VM is the only one.

Actually, I pay £25 a month for 50mb, though they've now increased that to 100mb at no extra charge.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2020, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
And when they knock on your door they are dressed very nicely too ... in suits.
And when they do I'll likely be dressed in my usual 'bag of s*** tied up in the middle' outfit, but their suits will have no impact on me!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:24 PM

I'd ditch VM too if there was an alternative fibre supplier hereabouts. Unfortunately, VM is the only one.

Actually, I pay £25 a month for 50mb, though they've now increased that to 100mb at no extra charge.
Bugger me. They were charging me £43pm and I couldn't get it reduced even though I've been a customer for at least 25yrs. It was cheap enough when it was NTL but as soon as Branson took over, the price crept up year-on-year. It's been very unreliable of late too - too many outages.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

29-06-2020, 08:25 PM

And when they do I'll likely be dressed in my usual 'bag of s*** tied up in the middle' outfit, but their suits will have no impact on me!
So you're like me then when I answer the door. A pound of shit squeezed into a half-pound bag.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:27 PM

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 08:29 PM

What about radio JBR? Can you legally listen to stations other than anything BBC?

Well done btw.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-06-2020, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Bugger me.

They were charging me £43pm and I couldn't get it reduced even though I've been a customer for at least 25yrs. It was cheap enough when it was NTL but as soon as Branson took over, the price crept up year-on-year. It's been very unreliable of late too - too many outages.
Ooh, I'd rather not!

Actually, they originally charged me more but after much mithering and dogging they reduced it.

We don't have a telephone line or any other add-ons, so that might contribute to the lower cost.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top