Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:02 AM

Re: Traits,Habits, Quirks and Superstitions

Originally Posted by susan m ->
No I dont have any superstitions, in fact I even put my new trainers on the kitchen table recently. My ex mother in law would tell me off for washing on new years day saying I would wash people away . So I washed on new years day deliberately and washed her out of my life!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:07 AM

If you put your jumper on inside out, never change it back or you'll change your luck. That was what my Nan taught me. As I grew older and entered the 'poo bag of life' I decided that changing one's luck was not a bad idea after all.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
On a related subject, are phobias learnt or innate?
Moths and butterflies. I have a real phobia in the true meaning of the word. Crazy I know but there you go.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:27 AM

In the case of opals my father, a manufacturing jeweler, used to explain that they were unlucky because they were remnants of the fire that Prometheus stole from the gods of Olympus. This rather irritated Zeus who put the mockers on fire and especially the stray bits that broke off. Didn't stop him selling opal though!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:30 AM

I ALWAYS panic if I see on magpie and I have say 'good morning/evening Mr Magpie and I smile to myself if I see two together. Ridiculous really and I have no idea why I do that, I don't recall my Mother doing it but it must have come from somewhere.

Shoes on table is another.

I rarely walk under a ladder unless I'm feeling brave.

I always remember when I was about 13 my friend and I walking up to school and a bird chit on her head, it went 'splat' literally, it was so funny but I remember saying 'oooh you are in for some good luck' Eh, why the heck is bird crap associated with good luck LOL
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:48 AM

I don't have any 'superstitions' , I put superstition in the same category as religion, a lot of nonsense.

Habits , traits and quirks I have aplenty to numerous to mention
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I ALWAYS panic if I see on magpie and I have say 'good morning/evening Mr Magpie and I smile to myself if I see two together. Ridiculous really and I have no idea why I do that, I don't recall my Mother doing it but it must have come from somewhere.

Shoes on table is another.

I rarely walk under a ladder unless I'm feeling brave.

I always remember when I was about 13 my friend and I walking up to school and a bird chit on her head, it went 'splat' literally, it was so funny but I remember saying 'oooh you are in for some good luck' Eh, why the heck is bird crap associated with good luck LOL
LQ, l was once going out with someone who’s dad won a lot of money on the Pools. His dad said he had been lucky because a bird did a splat on his car!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:38 AM

I'll have any of unwanted opals and pearls off anyone . I love them

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:41 AM

It’s emeralds that l would never have, as l feel they are bad luck.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 11:50 AM

Oh Art emeralds are so beautiful . As you can tell I'm not superstitious at all . It's honestly all in the mind . I would love an opal ring the colours so pretty and I adore Pearls. Love emeralds too .

It's funny how I love them all and just realised I dont have any

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top