Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2009, 12:43 PM

Re: A Hereafter

Absolutely believe there is something "more" after death.

I would hate to go through life thinking that when the lights go out...thats it!!!

I suppose it all goes hand in hand with whether you believe in God or not..

I do, so I do
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 11:51 AM

Absolutely there is. I often stride purposefully into the kitchen only to stop and wonder “What am I hereafter?”
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Absolutely there is. I often stride purposefully into the kitchen only to stop and wonder “What am I hereafter?”

To me it seems fairly obvious that since nothing `disappears` - ie matter is constant, the essence of ourselves, in some form or other must survive. ATM I`m leaning to the theory that it`s all cyclical.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
To me it seems fairly obvious that since nothing `disappears` - ie matter is constant, the essence of ourselves, in some form or other must survive. ATM I`m leaning to the theory that it`s all cyclical.
I tend to agree with you the essence, the spirit survives. As I said earlier in this thread does the caterpillar know it will become a chrysalis and does the chrysalis know it will become a butterfly? I'm sure they don't.
Maybe this is our caterpillar stage.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top