Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Sunday 'sermon'

Good morning folks!

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekend ....... are Sundays still looked on as a day of rest? I am not a religious person but I do find Sundays peaceful and to some extent relax a bit more on that day.

Well it's overcast here and still a decent temperature ....... if it stays dry I'll most likely do some tidying up in the garden.

I heard some sad news last night, my next door neighbour's son died of a heart attack. He suffered one last week and was taken to hospital, he was discharged last Tuesday and suffered another fatal attack at home on Friday night He was only 44 and had a family of 3 young boys ......such a shock!
So sad as I knew him growing up from his childhood.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 11:16 AM

Re: Sunday 'sermon'

Hi Mags and everyone it's cloudy here too but may brighten up later.

Very sad news about your neighbour's son Mags a reminder to us all to take nothing for granted and to enjoy each day while we can...

I am off down the field to pick Damsons (when the bull who has just arrived back to join his cows goes into the second field )
Have a good day everyone.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 11:43 AM

While your there check for any bullaces they make a delicious jam.
Bullaces are a small wild plum packed with flavour.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 12:06 PM

Morning everyone (it is still just morning as I start tapping - probably about half past by the time I finish )
Nice sunny morning and definitely a Sunday. My husband is often away working on a Sunday so I quite enjoy a quiet, vaguely traditional, one when he is home. That just meand being relaxed and eating too much lunch really! There's something very eveocative about the smell of the roast whatever isn't there?
It seems to have been a good year for the sloes round here, so I'm not suprised about damsons or bullaces. Hope you get a good crop. Does anyone still make sloe gin?
That's horrible news for your neighbour Mags. I agree with Meg - carpe diem; you never know if it might be today that bus gets you.
Despite bad news - have a good day everyone
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 12:34 PM

Hi all
very hot in Essex. I`m doing some painting and also washing the dog-beds (ain`t multi-tasking fun?) and waiting till the tide is in before I take the dogs down to the Marshes. They keep cool sploshing about.
I was planning to cook a proper dinner but it`s going to be too hot so salad again
We had Southend Carnival last night which means everyone gets drunk and roams the streets swearing at each other and setting fireworks off till they fall over so I spent quite a long time with a very worried Daisy on my bed and the TV turned up loud.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 12:54 PM

I'm an East Anglian -and proud of it -haha! My original county town was Northampton -so I can legitimately go to their ground and shout ''Cobblers!'' -any way -have a nice day y'all!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 02:01 PM

Afternoon al, the sun is coming up, another scorcher by the looks of it, had a lovely time at the Zoo yesterday, apart from the fact it was so hot, most of the animals were sleeping in the shade..So did not see many...Beautiful place though, the mixture of plants growing was amazing, so many grown as house plants at home..
We are off to Nasa later....
Have a lovely day all..
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Have a lovely time Moli; hope we don't hear "Houston, we have a problem"
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Have a lovely time Moli; hope we don't hear "Houston, we have a problem"
I am gonna stick beside hubby and touch nothing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2009, 02:24 PM

Enjoy your day Moli, that is somewhere I'd love to visit!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top