Join for free
Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Seems you all have this case cut and dried .
I wouldn’t like to see any of you part of a jury quite honestly ,you’re positivly frothing at the mouth for the return of capital punishment so entrenched in the fact that it will stop violent crime .Oh but wait . I think it’s more about cutting the costs of keeping offenders alive in prisons .

Yes the cost is a consideration .
Money should be spent on the curable innocent .
Those who commit heinous crimes should be humanely euthanised .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Seems you all have this case cut and dried .
I wouldn’t like to see any of you part of a jury quite honestly ,you’re positivly frothing at the mouth for the return of capital punishment so entrenched in the fact that it will stop violent crime .Oh but wait . I think it’s more about cutting the costs of keeping offenders alive in prisons .
You are so wrong! Of course the money saved would be useful, but getting rid of those in society, who feel that it is alright to take another life, will improve the lives of all who live here!

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...idUKKCN1UY1F1?

This is a report on when his trial, for attempted murder, will take place & the condition of the 6 year old.....it doesn't sound good!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:19 PM

I don't think any of us has the case cut and dried....we have all formed opinions on the evidence provided so far....if that evidence changes so will opinions.....that's what happens in forums.

I'm not an advocate of capital punishment....but I'm on the side of the victim and the little boy deserves justice whatever the teenagers state of mind was at the time.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Absoutely !
Cut and dried it may be the viewing platform was filled with people who saw the man throw the child over .
It's a pity someone didn't throw him over .
I do support CP for heinous proven crimes .
Sane or not this is a heinous crime.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't think any of us has the case cut and dried....we have all formed opinions on the evidence provided so far....if that evidence changes so will opinions.....that's what happens in forums.

I'm not an advocate of capital punishment....but I'm on the side of the victim and the little boy deserves justice whatever the teenagers state of mind was at the time.
The only evidence so far is that this teenager threw a small boy off the viewing platform of the Tate Modern .
How many would feel the same had it not been a small child ?
I don’t think the boy needs justice . He needs and most likely is receiving the most skilled medical attention available .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:41 PM

The injured child is French, and it sounds like he is in a bad way. We don't yet know if he will survive, or if he will be able to live a normal life, on recovery, but I do wonder who will pay the cost of any additional treatment he may need through his life.
I sincerely hope that some provision is made to make his & his parents life easier, if he is able to return home to France!

[Quote...The only evidence so far is that this teenager threw a small boy off the viewing platform of the Tate Modern .
How many would feel the same had it not been a small child ?
I don’t think the boy needs justice . He needs and most likely is receiving the most skilled medical attention available .

I would feel the same if he had thrown anybody off the platform because he was trying to end an innocents life & the child wouldn't have needed this medical attention if he hadn't been thrown!
I am horrified that you think he doesn't need justice... try asking his parents what they think! your first post said that the the teenager was somebody's son, yet you seem to ignore that victim is also somebody's son....where is your understanding of their feelings?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The injured child is French, and it sounds like he is in a bad way. We don't yet know if he will survive, or if he will be able to live a normal life, on recovery, but I do wonder who will pay the cost of any additional treatment he may need through his life.
I sincerely hope that some provision is made to make his & his parents life easier, if he is able to return home to France!
Oh for heaven’s sake have you nothing better to occupy your mind than working out the cost of things ?
If the family have personal accident insurance as I do and perhaps we all should, perhaps that will cover the care .

You could of course set up a GoFundMe for him ?
I will happily contribute a few hundred pounds .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-08-2019, 02:10 PM

Oh for heaven’s sake have you nothing better to occupy your mind than working out the cost of things ?
If the family have personal accident insurance as I do and perhaps we all should, perhaps that will cover the care .

You could of course set up a GoFundMe for him ?
I will happily contribute a few hundred pounds .
I have just added a response to your previous post on my last post.

I really don't care what your opinion of me is, I am more concerned with your attitude towards victims of crime, & for this reason I will now totally ignore your posts & discuss theses matters with people who care about the victim
Zuleika
North West UK

08-08-2019, 02:30 PM

That’s absolutely fine by me .....tho
Discussion and Debate ought to include opinions from both sides of the coin so to speak.
You have accused me of supporting persons who commit violent acts .
That isn’t true.
I await facts before I judge people , especially those who might be so ill in their minds they don’t know what they’re doing.
You don’t allow that .
Now it would appear you’re setting me apart from people who care about the victim .
As if I don’t .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
the politicians were under pressure from the liberals and as usual caved in because of the pc lobbyists and virtue signalling idiots. Extra funding and throwing tax payers money at care in the community would do nothing to fix the problem.the situation became rapidly out of control resulting in care in the community became "isolation in the community". It was a complete disaster and still is.

We had a system that worked, it wasn't a case of throwing money at the problem - what is needed is bringing back the old system so that people can be cared for properly in institutions that are fit for purpose rather than having them distributed around the country where they are isolated, uncared for and vulnerable.

Go and speak to classroom learning assistants, mental health nurses and social workers - i have and funnily enough they all agree with me and a lot of that ^^^ came directly from them and my own experiences.

As for the cricket, we will see what happens in the 2nd test next week.

Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top