Join for free
Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:47 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What else can he say apart from 'Guilty?'
The last I heard, he blamed 'social services' (Which ones?)

My guess is "not guilty by diminished responsibility".

Then I'd like to see someone in charge of him being up before a jury.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree! I saw an article the other day suggestion that more people are wanting to see the return of capital punishment, owing to the increase in violent crimes!
True, and I agree with them.

Other EU countries, of course, don't have capital punishment.
Apart from Merkel's friends who she invited in recently, those countries don't seem to suffer from the problems that we do, such as knife murders. I wonder why.

Whatever the cause, unless someone comes up with a logical explanation, I see no option other than the return of the noose.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-08-2019, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Seems you all have this case cut and dried .
I wouldn’t like to see any of you part of a jury quite honestly ,you’re positivly frothing at the mouth for the return of capital punishment so entrenched in the fact that it will stop violent crime .Oh but wait . I think it’s more about cutting the costs of keeping offenders alive in prisons .
Both.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The last I heard, he blamed 'social services' (Which ones?)

My guess is "not guilty by diminished responsibility".

Then I'd like to see someone in charge of him being up before a jury.
Let’s get it as clear as possible then about DR ?

Wiki says https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimini...in_English_law
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-08-2019, 03:05 PM

The only evidence so far is that this teenager threw a small boy off the viewing platform of the Tate Modern .
How many would feel the same had it not been a small child ?
I don’t think the boy needs justice . He needs and most likely is receiving the most skilled medical attention available .
Me, for one.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:25 PM

JBR , two questions
1) Do you really believe someone” in full possession of their faculties” , knowing right from wrong assumed would do what this youth did?
2) Capital Punishment cannot be said to be the deterrent to impulsive violent crime in my opinion , why do you approve of it coming back ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:29 PM

True, and I agree with them.

Other EU countries, of course, don't have capital punishment.
Apart from Merkel's friends who she invited in recently, those countries don't seem to suffer from the problems that we do, such as knife murders. I wonder why.

Whatever the cause, unless someone comes up with a logical explanation, I see no option other than the return of the noose.
There are still too many against it JBR..... perhaps we have to wait till, those against it, have all had somebody close to them murdered!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-08-2019, 03:30 PM

JBR , two questions
1) Do you really believe someone” in full possession of their faculties” , knowing right from wrong assumed would do what this youth did?
2) Capital Punishment cannot be said to be the deterrent to impulsive violent crime in my opinion , why do you approve of it coming back ?
1) Yes, if they were so motivated for any reason.

2) Because I believe that: (a) it would be an effective deterrent, and I challenge you to prove that it would not; and (b) I believe in a life for a life, as one example of poetic justice which I feel is the fairest form of justice.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-08-2019, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There are still too many against it JBR..... perhaps we have to wait till, those against it, have all had somebody close to them murdered!
I believe that is the real problem, Twinky.

Those who feel for and support the murderers (and other criminals for that matter), I suspect, have lived their lives in a nice, safe bubble and have never personally experienced serious crime.

I am absolutely sure that if they did experience any such thing they would change their opinions, even if they are staunch Christians who subscribe to universal forgiveness.

Can you imagine if such people ruled the country? Criminals would take full advantage and have a field day, even more so than they already do!

In fact, do-gooders and hand-wringers are the most dangerous people there are, as they encourage crime.
Zuleika
North West UK

08-08-2019, 03:38 PM

1) Yes, if they were so motivated for any reason.

2) Because I believe that: (a) it would be an effective deterrent, and I challenge you to prove that it would not; and (b) I believe in a life for a life, as one example of poetic justice which I feel is the fairest form of justice.
Thankyou.
Although I personally cannot think anyone committing an impulsive violent act would consider the punishment .
To do something on impulse is surely just that ?

Page 13 of 29 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top