Join for free
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Me too Summer! Every time I think of the little boy, who was badly injured, it brings tears to my eyes as his life will never be normal again with injuries like that!

Terrible isnt it Twink... just awful
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
i think the sentence is he will serve a minimum of 15yrs so he won't be released earlier... Its still not enough though i think he should be detained indefinitely and for me that means for the rest of his life.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 06:36 PM

Two lives in ruins.
My heart goes out to the little boy a victim of such a horrific attack and his family .
What could of possessed anyone to do such a thing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Two lives in ruins.
My heart goes out to the little boy a victim of such a horrific attack and his family .
What could of possessed anyone to do such a thing.
Well if he is going into prison, rather than psychiatric care, I would think it was an evil mind !
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2020, 11:32 AM

Boy thrown from Tate Modern balcony 'goes home'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53806968

An update posted on a GoFundMe site, which has raised almost £250,000 for the boy's medical care, said his parents were able to bring him home "just for a weekend".

"We took him to the sea and he was able to build sandcastles with a friend on the beach," the statement said. "He stays seated in one place, and we bring him what he needs to build. He couldn't swim, of course, mainly because he still can't move around without his splints. He also returned at home for the first time and he was super happy to see his house and his toys again, even though he couldn't go upstairs to see his room."

The parents thanked the public for their continued support and said their son's reading, breathing and singing was improving "little by little".

"He still spends most of his day in a wheelchair and still cannot walk on his own," the statement added. But when we give him our hand, we don't need to carry his weight anymore like before - it is mostly about helping him to find his balance. He can walk a few metres like that and he now also manages to climb one or two steps, always with our help."
Painfully slow progress ..... but, little by little .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Boy thrown from Tate Modern balcony 'goes home'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53806968

Painfully slow progress ..... but, little by little .....

Thanks for the update Omah. As you say, slow progress but big steps for the parents.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 12:20 PM

Tate Modern fall: Boy thrown from balcony 'can stand unaided'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54324064

In a statement updating well-wishers on his progress, his family said: "We are already seeing new progress: he can at last stand on his legs without any help or support! Furthermore, his memory is gradually improving: he can now remember activities he has done the same day or the day before!"

The statement added he could now eat almost alone once the food had been cut and prepared for him, and he can drink "slightly thickened liquids".

The boy spends his weekdays at the rehabilitation centre and stays with his family at the weekends.

"At the moment, we are still far from home, but we have come close enough that our son's friends can come and visit him more often, as well as our family. The lockdown had isolated us so much: it was really, really hard."
I'm so pleased that he's making a "miraculous" recovery .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 12:36 PM

That is heart warming news! I often think about that little boy and wonder if he will ever make a complete recovery.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is heart warming news! I often think about that little boy and wonder of he will ever make a complete recovery.
He won't.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 01:09 PM

That's amazing.
Very well done little man.

Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top