Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:41 AM

Re: Hernia

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hello mags, thanks for asking

Firstly I had some blood tests done as arranged but I inquired about seeing a doctor and was told the next appointment would be on the 17th September. I told them that I now had other problems (the left hernia now playing up too plus lower abdomen pain) which wasn't there on Thursday when I originally saw my GP.

Suddenly, the receptionist said "Well if you wait 15 minutes you can see a doctor". Funny isn't it, how does that work then? Anyway, I saw the doctor and she asked me if I wanted a sick note for two weeks or a 'return to work with amended duties' note. I plumped for the latter because as I mentioned before, they are very strict about sickness at work and I'll be taking a long spell of time off following my operation, whenever that may happen.

I write this at 12.30am now Mags, and I'm at my tea break. I've been putting away very small boxes into pick face locations as my 'light duties' but I'm in a great deal of pain - the back, hernias and groin area - and it's not very comfortable. But I'll struggle through it.

I have the meeting with the manager on Wednesday evening about my previous request to get back onto days and I intend to discuss the sickness policy and where people like myself fit in with working when they clearly should be resting at home. People are just afraid to take time off and there should be some kind of consideration for follow-up operations and appointments. In the meantime I'll carry on the best I can.

Looking at Google now I'm wondering if it's actually a stomach ulcer or worse...but you know how you can scare yourself to death by Googling such enquires.
I'll play it be ear and hope for the best!

But what did the doctor say other than offer a sick note Floydy?
Is she giving you a referral or what?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 10:43 AM

Hi

So sorry to hear about problems, hope things go well.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But what did the doctor say other than offer a sick note Floydy?
Is she giving you a referral or what?
I'm on the waiting list for an operation, Mups.
I'm going to ring again today for an update on that and try to get it speeded up. This is killing me now. I can't stand up for more than a few seconds without it coming on. It's awful.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So sorry to hear about problems, hope things go well.
Thanks Swimmy. Appreciated bud
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:55 PM

Goodness Floydy, let's hope they can help you soon.
Best of luck with the op.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Goodness Floydy, let's hope they can help you soon.
Best of luck with the op.
Thanks Mups. They're going to hurry things up now hopefully.
I've just rang the boss at work incidentally and he wants me to go in tomorrow at 8pm if poss. I said that's okay and I'll see him then. I have typed out a 'complete history' of the past week's events and will be going through it with him, together with a talk about my change of hours hopefully.
Things are moving!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2019, 05:29 PM

What on earth am I going to do for two weeks?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Needless to say a lot of posting on Over50sForum, of course.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 05:55 PM

Well if you are in so much pain, perhaps resting in a comfortable position would be best! Stop worrying about what might happen & focus on what you should do when you are feeling much better.
Oh and keep out of that gym!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

03-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Needless to say a lot of posting on Over50sForum, of course.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well if you are in so much pain, perhaps resting in a comfortable position would be best! Stop worrying about what might happen & focus on what you should do when you are feeling much better.
Oh and keep out of that gym!
Yes I'll no doubt be posting - and at the normal time of day too for a change! It's a drag being nocturnal all the time

I will visit the gym but only to keep me active. Sitting around all day is extremely dangerous for the health. Causes diabetes or IBS and I don't wish to add those to my problems!
I'll do a bit of casual walking on the treadmill and some light weights but nothing until the weekend.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2019, 06:26 PM

You really ought to take advice on what you should and shouldn't be doing regarding the gym, I doubt very much that you would develop diabetes or IBS in the space of two weeks! Personally I have never set foot in a gym, yet am probably just as fit and healthy as you, so give yourself a break Floydy and do nothing without taking professional, advice, unless of course it's relaxing with a beer and a box set...

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top