Join for free
Page 11 of 50 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

People just don't realise how manipulated they are been.....I just can't believe that normally sensible people are falling for this crap!.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
People just don't realise how manipulated they are been.....I just can't believe that normally sensible people are falling for this crap!.....
Sadly I can we took religion away and it left a gap had to be filled so people have found their own messiah and joined the cult of climate change.

I always think scaring people has one of two reactions either they look for their own answers and become less scared or they follow like sheep and terrify each other. It has the effect of controlling people like the old time fire and brimstone preachers did.

It's all about control and money. Follow the money.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:12 AM

If the media didn't give her air time, no one would know who she is.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:23 AM

It may well burn some coal Besoeker, but in the last 20 years Thorpe Marsh power station was decommissioned, Ferry Bridge is being demolished as we speak, and Eggborough has virtually stopped production.....And Drax is doomed...
It may well be. I was just making the point that statement "we don't burn coal" is simply not true. Yes, we as in we, UK are reducing our dependence.
Globally it generally isn't the case. China, for example, is starting up new mines and coal production is at record levels.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sadly I can we took religion away and it left a gap had to be filled so people have found their own messiah and joined the cult of climate change.
So you don't think it is happening?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 11:35 AM

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
So you don't think it is happening?
I think the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles, occasionally so hot or cold there is an extinction event. We may or may not be heading for it but the earth will do it whatever we do to try and stop it.

I'd have more faith in the climate campaign if they were yelling on the streets of china or other places that pollute more badly than us but they don't. They get hysterical at the easy targets who already do their bit and more towards trying to be clean.

I know if you follow the money you will find who is behind this and they are more into creating a smaller super race than helping the planet.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-09-2019, 01:21 PM

I think the earth goes through warming and cooling cycles, occasionally so hot or cold there is an extinction event. We may or may not be heading for it but the earth will do it whatever we do to try and stop it.

I'd have more faith in the climate campaign if they were yelling on the streets of china or other places that pollute more badly than us but they don't. They get hysterical at the easy targets who already do their bit and more towards trying to be clean.

I know if you follow the money you will find who is behind this and they are more into creating a smaller super race than helping the planet.
I doubt her or any one else would be so bold in places like China because they would at best, get arrested.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-09-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I doubt her or any one else would be so bold in places like China because they would at best, get arrested.
Would show they mean it though and aren't just hysterical about very little.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-09-2019, 01:24 PM

Would show they mean it though and aren't just hysterical about very little.
Even our own 'national treasure' Emma 'Pinkboat' Thomson wouldn't dare.

Page 11 of 50 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top