Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 07:18 AM

Re: He squeezed my thigh!

That area of the body is dodgy territory, folks may be concerned their thigh is being squeezed when in fact, their Leg is being Pulled.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hmm... I think it was you stroking his thigh... poor Boris, no wonder he still looks shellshocked!
I sent his hair white.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think anyone has ever squeezed my thigh , I am feeling left out
Ok lads...... all over to Meg's place.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-10-2019, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That area of the body is dodgy territory, folks may be concerned their thigh is being squeezed when in fact, their Leg is being Pulled.
When there's thigh squeezing and leg pulling, it normally means there is trouble afoot.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:25 AM

In my opinion, sometimes actions can also be misconstrued - especially if they can money out of it!

For example, if I am relaxed with the person I am talking to, I can be ' a toucher.'
Nothing sexual whatsoever I hasten to add.
But I can easily clasp a hand, squeeze an arm, or even give a mini-hug depending on the conversation and mood of the moment.

Nothing leery or sexual would be intended in the slightest, I am just a warm person who likes 'contact.'

Before I retired, I worked with elderly people. None of them had a partner or spouse any more.
I got on very easily with them, and I was genuinly fond of most of them.
One of them said to me once how no body touches them any more, except for medical reasons and examinations.
She was right and I thought that so very sad.

The point I am trying to make is, depending on circumstances, not all touch is sinister or an indication of a mauly old creep!
Sometimes it is just genuine caring.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In my opinion, sometimes actions can also be misconstrued - especially if they can money out of it!

For example, if I am relaxed with the person I am talking to, I can be ' a toucher.'
Nothing sexual whatsoever I hasten to add.
But I can easily clasp a hand, squeeze an arm, or even give a mini-hug depending on the conversation and mood of the moment.

Nothing leery or sexual would be intended in the slightest, I am just a warm person who likes 'contact.'

Before I retired, I worked with elderly people. None of them had a partner or spouse any more.
I got on very easily with them, and I was genuinly fond of most of them.
One of them said to me once how no body touches them any more, except for medical reasons and examinations.
She was right and I thought that so very sad.

The point I am trying to make is, depending on circumstances, not all touch is sinister or an indication of a mauly old creep!
Sometimes it is just genuine caring.
Mups, Yet, some people would see, even an innocent touch as being an assault.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, Yet, some people would see, even an innocent touch as being an assault.

I know, Art.
That's what I meant when I said sometimes actions can be misconstrued - especially if there is money to be made!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think anyone has ever squeezed my thigh , I am feeling left out
awwww poor Meggy, come 'ere, I'll stroke yer leg.

Eh, where ya gone, never seen you move as fast
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Media made a whopping day of it today.. at the conference. Why not concentrate on what's happening at the conference, and leave the rest until later ?

She's Robert Peston's partner and Robert Peston is quoted as saying :

The father of two, who rose to prominence through his reporting on the financial crash of 2008, also revealed he found women were "predatory" towards him because of his role as a television presenter.

'I think there is a stalky thing that happens and I think women (presenters) talk about it more than men normally. You have to be slightly careful," he said.
Oh dear, Even Piers Morgan had a witch-hunt over it this morning on GMT. Apparently, Boris had promised one of the GMT Producers at the conference that he would appear on the programme, but Boris instead chose the BBC for an interview. Piers was livid, and when the Justice Secretary appeared on the programme, Piers really went to town over Boris and the thigh episode. He even went as far as to say "what possible reason could she have in lying about it"

Totally unfair and uncalled for. As good as stating that Boris was guilty and was lying.

All because he had a cob on.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 12:12 PM

How pathetic are the people who make these sort of accusations?

Throughout my life, if any man made any kind of sexual advance I would have immediately told him to stop if I objected.

I doubt if any man would see such a mild action as being wrong, in fact many would see it as giving the lady a compliment. I appreciate that some ladies may object, but the time to do so is at the moment it happens and in a voice that shows she means it.
If they can't be bothered to do that they should forget it, not wait till the man is in a prominent position, in the hope of getting financial compensation or ruining his career ...usually for a different reason.

Women like Charlotte Edwardes should be ashamed of themselves, because if any man made an unwanted sexual advance to me I would tell him to stop. If he didn't , then the rest of the table would hear me tell him the second time!

Is it any wonder that women are considered weak, when they can't prevent sexual approaches when they are in the company of others!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top